What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Can't create emoticons

Can't create emoticons
Author: Message:
Cûtìë

O.P. Sad  Can't create emoticons
I'm not sure if anyone posted this or faced the same problem i did but my msn messenger had been encountering this problem for quite some time...

The problem is that i can't create my own new emoticons. I am sure that the file format is of the correct one.  But everytime i create emoticons, only i am able to view my own emoticon while my friend can only see the command i used to create the emoticon.  And once i log off messenger and re-log in, my new emoticons will disappear and a message will show saying that "your customed emoticons cannot be used, please create new ones".  I have experienced that for about a few months and i find it really wasted being unable to use those cute emoticons i have.  I have been creating new ones for mths and it's still asking me to create new ones!!!:notfunny:  Can anyone please help me?  Or at least let me know why i am having this problem? Thks in advance...[Image: biggrin.gif]
08-03-2004 10:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Can't create emoticons
It sounds that some file may have got corrupt. You can try the following procedure to remove all Custom Emoticons related things.

Go to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\number, with Username being your Windows username and number the number that symbolises your email address. If there is more than one folder, use the program I attached to find out which number is correct. Open the attached program, enter your email address and you'll find out easily :)

Open that numbered folder and delete the folder called CustomEmoticons. Reboot and add your custom emoticons again; your problem should be fixed :)

.exe File Attachment: MSN Messenger 6 ID [msg6_id].exe (68 KB)
This file has been downloaded 630 time(s).

This post was edited on 08-03-2004 at 11:12 AM by Tochjo.
08-03-2004 11:11 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Cûtìë

O.P. RE: Can't create emoticons
Thkz alot... i'll try it out and see how things go.. :)
08-03-2004 12:20 PM
Cûtìë

O.P. RE: Can't create emoticons
It worked...!!! OLEH!!! keke... thkz alot Tochjo :beer: cheers!!! :P
08-03-2004 01:23 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites