What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Boss Protection problem

Boss Protection problem
Author: Message:
btdas

O.P. Huh?  Boss Protection problem
The boss protection button does not work properly. If I do a fresh install the "control + space" keys will activate the boss protection. Later the same key combination will only close the messenger windows. I have tried other key combinatioins, to no avail. My operating system is Windows XP pro.
thank you. :(

This post was edited on 09-04-2004 at 12:12 PM by btdas.
09-04-2004 12:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Boss Protection problem
Is Ctrl+SPACE also associated with any other Windows commands? Version numbers of both MSN Messenger and Messenger Plus would be helpful..
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
09-04-2004 01:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
btdas

O.P. Huh?  RE: Boss Protection problem
Thank you. My Messenger Version (Windows Messenger - not MSN Messenger) is 4.7.3000. my version of Plus is the latest at:3.01.94.
I can not another association for Ctrl+SPACE and the combination only closes windows in Messenger. The combination does not seem to impact any other program or windows command.  This combination is supposed to close the messenger window, so that is fine, it is also supposed to active my busy notificaition - and that is the part that fail. After a restart it will work again and then stop.

This post was edited on 09-04-2004 at 01:11 PM by btdas.
09-04-2004 01:07 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Boss Protection problem
I think you should know that Windows Messenger isn't officially supported by Plus! and there has been problems with it's compatibility in the past...After all Messenger Plus! is designed for MSN Messenger
There is a chance that installing Windows Messenger 5.0 may resolve the issue (click here to download)...
But I'd advise you used MSN Messenger itself, it does have more features for the home user but not able to connect to the communications service and Microsoft Exchange Instant Messaging (if you don't know of that you don't probably use it)...
MSN Messenger can be downloaded at http://messenger.msn.com
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
09-04-2004 02:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
btdas

O.P. RE: Boss Protection problem
thank you. I shall try both.
09-04-2004 02:34 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version