What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Problems with Messenger Plus! 3.63.148

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Problems with Messenger Plus! 3.63.148
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Problems with Messenger Plus! 3.63.148
quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
Wouldn't it be an idea if Patchou got the time (and if he feels like it) to add support for it so that such problems won't occur?
It would be a good idea. However, it is doubtfull it will be done. Not only is Patchou a very busy man and Plus! Live needs all his attention, the amount of people using Plus! 3 is getting lower with the day...

quote:
Originally posted by Elbereth
Infact, like Reload2 say in this post, I hope that someone will release a final version of Messenger Plus! 3 with a BBCode support
That someone would be Patchou and him only.

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
quote:
Originally posted by .OxY
Is it possible to do with a plug-in though?
Probably although i doubt it would be very easy
The only way to do it using a plugin is to make a proxy and actually intercepting data traffic to your messenger and changing each and every BBCode you encounter to IRCcode style.

As for making a plugin which does it inside Messenger/Messenger Plus!, that is as good as totally impossible since the places where colors can be used are vast and closely integrated into Messenger and Plus!

quote:
Originally posted by Elbereth
Including a BBCode support in a future release of Messenger Plus! 3 shouldn't be difficult for Patchou, he needs only to copy and paste the code of the Live version and modify something.
It is far from as easy as that though. Plus! Live and Plus! 3 are programmed differently and they share no code. Plus! Live was entirly programmed from scratch.

It isn't impossible to do it for Patchou, but it is doubtfull he will (see reasons above).

quote:
Originally posted by TheGuruSupremacy
That thread helps....I don't say that it help to resolve his problem...I said that help(help to understand)in fact in that thread people said there is no way to see the bbcode....I have aswered with the link thread because this argument was already dealt...So is useless repeat the same things that others have already said....Greetings
It is true that this was already discussed and it is very good that you link to a previous discussion (it isn't the best discussion about this so Sunshine does have a point). But with it, you also should have reported this thread for closure, so that further posting is prevented and that information isn't repeated and the discussing can continue in the already existing thread...

As it is now, we now have two threads (and even more, since many more threads exist about this).

This post was edited on 02-23-2007 at 01:39 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-23-2007 01:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: