What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Remember Session's Conversation

[Request] Remember Session's Conversation
Author: Message:
sayoko

O.P. [Request] Remember Session's Conversation
Hi there,

I'm the type of person who doesn't prefer to keep actual chat log files of my conversations.  However, I do like to keep track of my current session's conversation with my contacts.  I tend to close conversation windows when they get too long, or sometimes just out of habit so I lose my chat session quite frequently.

Google Talk has the best example of how the Session Logger works.  It basically saves that logged in session temporarily so when you open a recently closed conversation, the old conversation remains (until you log out).  Something like a clear chat log can be helpful or it can automatically truncate itself after a certain number of lines.

Thanks for hearing me out and I apologize if this has already been brought up in the past.
09-29-2008 08:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Remember Session's Conversation
Unfortunately, scripts cannot interact with the actual message history box in a Conversation window. Otherwise this could be done quite easily really. It's just not gonna happen (short of attaching a new window and editing a text box on that, which is a very flawed way of doing it)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-29-2008 11:11 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: