What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Plugin Request - Hyperlinked Nicknames.

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Plugin Request - Hyperlinked Nicknames.
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Plugin Request - Hyperlinked Nicknames.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
No it can't. The "What I'm listening to" is another type of object ("linkname" object) then the screennames (which are plain text objects).
Could you explain this over again? Wouldnt there be a way, like i said, to emulate that "linkname" object so it can show a text and it could go to a different website other than music.msn.com? I think it would be fairly simple (then again I know nothing)
quote:

Because of the security reasons said in this thread such a think will not be made in Messenger itself and neither in Messenger Plus!. The only "solution" would be a plugin, but as riahc4 pointed out, both you and your contact would need it.
I accually said that it WOULDNT be needed because its just changing where the link goes and where MSN Messenger gets the (blue) "text" from (the plugin's dialog)
05-04-2005 04:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Plugin Request - Hyperlinked Nicknames.
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:
No it can't. The "What I'm listening to" is another type of object ("linkname" object) then the screennames (which are plain text objects).
Could you explain this over again? Wouldnt there be a way, like i said, to emulate that "linkname" object so it can show a text and it could go to a different website other than music.msn.com? I think it would be fairly simple (then again I know nothing)
The personal message is a totaly different object then names in chat conversations and contactlist.

To put it extremely simple the persional messages have 2 kinds of data: the text shown, and the underlying link (compare it to an html link on a site).

Text can only have 1 data: the text itself. And you can not go changing all the text-objects in some other "multi-data objects" just like that.

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:
Because of the security reasons said in this thread such a think will not be made in Messenger itself and neither in Messenger Plus!. The only "solution" would be a plugin, but as riahc4 pointed out, both you and your contact would need it.
I accually said that it WOULDNT be needed because its just changing where the link goes and where MSN Messenger gets the (blue) "text" from (the plugin's dialog)
It is totaly impossible to change how your contact's messenger behaves, hence you both will need the plugin to interpret the special constructed nicknames (just as you both need Messenger Plus! to view the special constructed colorcodes and formats in nicknames)

This post was edited on 05-05-2005 at 03:08 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-05-2005 03:08 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Plugin Request - Hyperlinked Nicknames.
quote:
To put it extremely simple the persional messages have 2 kinds of data: the text shown, and the underlying link (compare it to an html link on a site).

Text can only have 1 data: the text itself. And you can not go changing all the text-objects in some other "multi-data objects" just like that.
In Other words...
All that Messenger tells to your contact is the text and what type of text it is. For example: You listen to a song called "Eminem - Mockingbird". All that Messenger really tells to your contacts is...
code:
<artist>Eminem</artist> <title>Mockingbird</title> <type>music</type>
The Messengers of your contacts will format this data and add the underlying link to MSN Music to it.

So the only way this could be done is...
- When Microsoft adds support for it, but that will never happen because of security issues.
- When somebody creates a plugin for it and your contacts install that plugin. That could be done but the whole thing becomes useless when you need to tell your contact to install a plugin before the can see your link.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
05-05-2005 08:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: