What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » msncore.dll

msncore.dll
Author: Message:
cheetahex2

O.P. msncore.dll
I downloaded a skin but it didn't work 'cause it said I didn't have the msncore.dll. :sI looked it up in google but I couldn't find where to download it. Can anybody help me please??:D
Thanks in advance!(Y)
"There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy"
Hamlet, I (Shakespeare)
05-06-2007 06:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: msncore.dll
which version of messenger are you using? and skin?
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
05-06-2007 06:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
If i were you i'd just restore your messenger (be it WLM or MSNM, you didn't say wich). To do that simply run the installer again and choose repair. When you get a skin make absolutely sure it's for your version of messenger.

This post was edited on 05-06-2007 at 12:04 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-06-2007 12:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Skins have never touched msncore.dll. MSN Messenger held its resources in the main executable (msnmsgr.exe) and Windows Live Messenger keeps its resources in (msgsres.dll). It would help a lot if you told us what version of MSN/ Windows Live Messenger you were using, and what skin you were trying to install.

Follow Sunshine's instructions, it will make sure all files Messenger needs are installed :).
05-06-2007 01:48 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Skins have never touched msncore.dll. MSN Messenger held its resources in the main executable (msnmsgr.exe) and Windows Live Messenger keeps its resources in (msgsres.dll).
But skins (which are patches afterall) can corrupt the program which on its turn fails to load DLLs.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-06-2007 03:50 PM
ipab
Veteran Member

Design Evolved

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Skins have never touched msncore.dll. MSN Messenger held its resources in the main executable (msnmsgr.exe) and Windows Live Messenger keeps its resources in (msgsres.dll).
But skins (which are patches afterall) can corrupt the program which on its turn fails to load DLLs.

But the loading of msncore.dll has never been influenced by msgsres.dll... Screwing up something in msgsres.dll will still load all other dlls. For example, if someone messes up while re writing the uifile for the chatwindow (920) then messenger still loads. It will not load the chatwindow and refer to the fact that "A conversation could not be started with X contact". The worst someone can do is mess up the main window's uifile and even then messenger will still load (ie. you will see it in taskmanager and you will see a tray icon), it just wont show the main window.

Now if the skin is asking for an hexedit of msnmsgr.exe, then that's a whole different ball game, but as far as I know, resource editing, never did anything :P.

@cheetahex2
Like absorbation asked please tell us:

What skin you downloaded and could please post some system information.

As in what version of Messenger you use and what version of windows you have.

This post was edited on 05-06-2007 at 08:39 PM by ipab.
56656E692C 20566964692C 2056696369
05-06-2007 08:37 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Not all skins are only limited to altering the resources dll. There are also skins which alter/patch the program. And even writing a resource in a bad way in the program file itself can influence the workings of internal code. Hence why I wouldn't rule skins out completely.

This post was edited on 05-06-2007 at 08:57 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-06-2007 08:54 PM
cheetahex2

O.P. Grin  RE: msncore.dll
Thank you all for your replies!:angel:
I forgot to add that I use WLM 8.1.0178 and MSN plus and I downloaded a Windows vista skin for that version. Anyways I think I better forget about it and download another one!(I)
Thanks again!!:bow:
"There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy"
Hamlet, I (Shakespeare)
05-06-2007 09:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ipab
Veteran Member

Design Evolved

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by cheetahex2
Thank you all for your replies!:angel:
I forgot to add that I use WLM 8.1.0178 and MSN plus and I downloaded a Windows vista skin for that version. Anyways I think I better forget about it and download another one!(I)
Thanks again!!:bow:

In that case, have a look at this Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it!
56656E692C 20566964692C 2056696369
05-06-2007 09:59 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: