What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Skin Interference.

Skin Interference.
Author: Message:
MaxAlcolo

O.P. Skin Interference.
I recently changed the skin (theme) of my Windows XP desktop, and now I realise that it is interfering with my Messenger skin. In more details, the font and colour of my contacts are from my XP theme, while almost everything else remained from my MSN skin (wich is Zero-G).

Is there any way to prevent such mix-ups to happen ?
02-25-2008 02:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Skin Interference.
quote:
Originally posted by MaxAlcolo
I recently changed the skin (theme) of my Windows XP desktop, and now I realise that it is interfering with my Messenger skin. In more details, the font and colour of my contacts are from my XP theme, while almost everything else remained from my MSN skin (wich is Zero-G).

The only way around this is to go into the classic theme options in xp and edit the colors so that they do not clash.

A future Zero-G update will remove the dependency that exists so that it does not cause issues with certain themes.
02-25-2008 02:53 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
MaxAlcolo

O.P. RE: RE: Skin Interference.
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
quote:

The only way around this is to go into the classic theme options in xp and edit the colors so that they do not clash.

A future Zero-G update will remove the dependency that exists so that it does not cause issues with certain themes.

I don't know much about skinning in general, but wouldn't that disable my Windows XP theme ?
The reason I got a Messenger skin was because it now looked weird with my new black XP theme (only my contact list background had changed). I thought by adding a skin to msn, it would "overwrite" anything in MSN, but things just got mixed up.

Is that even a little clear ?
02-25-2008 03:06 AM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Skin Interference.
Editing an xp themes colors does not disable the theme, all it does is change the global colors that the theme uses and other applications use (including windows live messenger). It is just a quick fix for the time being.
02-25-2008 03:14 AM
MaxAlcolo

O.P. RE: Skin Interference.
Alright, and would there be a way to change the text colours in MSN (just for me, not for others to see) ?
02-25-2008 03:23 AM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Skin Interference.
quote:
Alright, and would there be a way to change the text colours in MSN (just for me, not for others to see) ?

Not without directly editing the skins source files I'm afraid, you will just have to wait for an update to be issued.
02-25-2008 03:44 AM
MaxAlcolo

O.P. RE: Skin Interference.
Ok, thanks a lot for your quick answers !
02-25-2008 03:51 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: