What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)

Pages: (50): « First « 24 25 26 27 [ 28 ] 29 30 31 32 » Last »
8 votes - 4.5 average   File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)
Author: Message:
Eridal

RE: UPDATE! File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE
I am having the same problem I can't send anything using this plugin I can recieve all day long but it will always say awaiting connection. I have tried switching it to passive mode but when I do NOTHING happens at all when I try to send all it will do is sent the message saying what is being sent then nothing happens. I am behind an NAT so I know that can be causing a problem...
"It is difficult to fight against anger for a man will buy revenge with his soul"
12-27-2004 03:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mmmbopzombie

Der Herr Der Ringe

– / Male / –
RE: RE: UPDATE! File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE
quote:
Originally posted by RicarDog
quote:
Originally posted by pcxzboy
one more error after the setup of the library files provided by RezzZ :

Windows title : File Transfer Plus

It seems that solving the problems to get it working is a very time-consuming job . :(
Please add me to your MSN so we can find the problem (I've sent you a PM) ;)

quote:
Originally posted by mmmbopzombie
In my case, I don't have any errors when opening MSN messenger or traying to use the transfer plus 1.1 release plug-in. It is just that  the transfer doesn't not start never, it keeps on saying Awating connection.
Could you read the Troubleshooting section of File Transfer Plus help, at "connection and transfer problems" section, and try to do all steps listed there? Tell me if it still does not work please.

Hey... Could you please tell where where that link is? I can't find it
12-27-2004 03:42 AM
The_MoD

37 / Male / –
A very nice plugin. But there is one thing thats bugging me:
I've got the cache msgr send file events on, but when i try to send a screenshot with SSS3 it first tries to locate File transfer plus. Coz the other persons doesnt have FTP it uses the Msgr send file function. But then it says that it cant find the screenshot file, and stops at the My Documents dir. :(
12-27-2004 01:46 PM
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: UPDATE! File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE
quote:
Hey... Could you please tell where where that link is? I can't find it
Use the /xtpHelp command or go to Plus menu -> File Transfer Plus -> Help or use the Help menu on the transfer window. Then select the Troubleshooting topic.

I'm posting here anyway since many people have this problem:

When I try to send a file, the receiver accepts the transfer but it does not start and/or the progress label changes to "Transfer Canceled!" after a while

This problem happens when the plugin is not able to establish a direct connection between the receiver and the sender. Various factors may cause this problem. See the list below:

1) You have not selected the correct IP address under Connection settings. Make sure you select the external internet IP address on the list. If it's not listed there, select the IP of the adapter which connects to the Internet, then select Detect external IP Address automatically below the list. You may also want to enter your IP (or hostname which points to your IP) address manually.

2) Your TCP ports are blocked for inbound requests. If you have a firewall, please open the port rage specified in the Connection settings for inbound TCP traffic requested by transferplus.exe. If your firewall also blocks outbound data, you may have to allow traffic on the following ports:
- Outbound local ports
- Inbound local ports
- Outbound remote ports
- Inbound remote ports

3) Your network or ISP do not allow inbound requests. In this case, you'll have to enable Passive transfer mode to be able to send files. See Connection settings for more details.

4) If you're using passive transfer mode:
- Ask the receiver to verify his/her connection settings described above. Passive mode ignores the sender's settings and depends on the receiver's settings instead.
- Make sure the Request timeout specified in the Connection settings is long enough so the receiver can accept it before the request expires.
- If you do not get a Transfer accepted message on the conversation window, ask the receiver to type /xtpAccept and press Enter. Sometimes, the passive transfer cannot be accepted because the plugin is not able to set focus on the conversation window. Thus, you'll have to accept the transfer manually using that command.

5) Your computer is behind a Proxy. File Transfer Plus does not support proxies at the moment.

quote:
Originally posted by The_MoD

A very nice plugin. But there is one thing thats bugging me:
I've got the cache msgr send file events on, but when i try to send a screenshot with SSS3 it first tries to locate File transfer plus. Coz the other persons doesnt have FTP it uses the Msgr send file function. But then it says that it cant find the screenshot file, and stops at the My Documents dir.
Which version of SS3 are you using? When that happens here, it sends the file normally through MSN transfer. I can't fix that because SS3 uses the same message as the Send Files button, so it'll always intercept the transfer.
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
12-27-2004 08:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
The_MoD

37 / Male / –
Urm..by my knowledge the latest; 3.0.555 =/.
But the interception aint the problem. eg Drag and drop works perfectly, but when i try it with ss3 it just cant find the file when trying to send it through the normal msn transfer :S
12-28-2004 12:42 PM
TheSarlacc

Kinh, ur the greatest!

39 / Male / –
Fabulous plug-in mate!

Just what we needed to take advantage of broadband connections (Y)
12-28-2004 12:59 PM
mmmbopzombie

Der Herr Der Ringe

– / Male / –
Well. i have read the help and now I'm able to send files with the plug in, but not to receive, dunno why ... when I receive a file it says Awating connection and it never starts. The problem was the IP configuration, it was pointing to another one, but I've chosen mine and my friend, too. Both have the same settings, the same ISP, the same all :)

What could be the problem??

I also tried to shut down the firewall but it was useless, the same problem.. so I don't think it could be the firewall.
12-28-2004 03:56 PM
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: UPDATE! File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE
quote:
Originally posted by The_MoD
Urm..by my knowledge the latest; 3.0.555 =/.
But the interception aint the problem. eg Drag and drop works perfectly, but when i try it with ss3 it just cant find the file when trying to send it through the normal msn transfer :S
Do you have preview enabled? I think there is an option in SS3 (maybe it's the preview one) which saves the file on hard disk instead of just a temporary file. Probably the file is being deleted before File Transfer Plus can send it.
quote:
Well. i have read the help and now I'm able to send files with the plug in, but not to receive, dunno why ... when I receive a file it says Awating connection and it never starts. The problem was the IP configuration, it was pointing to another one, but I've chosen mine and my friend, too. Both have the same settings, the same ISP, the same all :)

What could be the problem??

I also tried to shut down the firewall but it was useless, the same problem.. so I don't think it could be the firewall.
If your friend is not using passive mode, and you can't receive files from him, then it's a problem in his connection (firewall/router) that is blocking a connection from you to his computer.
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
12-28-2004 05:53 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
AFAIK SS3 deletes the temporary files at the end of each computer session so when you turn your PC off they go aswell

as for FT+, I tested this with myself using windows messenger4.7  and msn 7 using 2 different emails both worked correctly

when i tried this with a mate though we get the awaiting connection error that previous members have mentioned.

i have configured zonealarm pro correctctly AFAIK and I haven't the foggiest what is going wrong (possibly incorrect configuration his end, he is rather less skilled on a computer)

oh also some buttons are incompatible with my current theme, they display as a black block any ideas as to how i could

a) fix my theme
b) fix the error
c) you adjust the program

This post was edited on 12-29-2004 at 02:10 AM by aNILEator.
12-29-2004 02:08 AM
mmmbopzombie

Der Herr Der Ringe

– / Male / –
RE: RE: UPDATE! File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE
quote:
oh also some buttons are incompatible with my current theme, they display as a black block any ideas as to how i could

a) fix my theme
b) fix the error
c) you adjust the program

Yes that's true... it is something in the label (background), it appears black
12-29-2004 02:30 AM
Pages: (50): « First « 24 25 26 27 [ 28 ] 29 30 31 32 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites