What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » another wacky idea to discuss

another wacky idea to discuss
Author: Message:
bits

O.P. another wacky idea to discuss
now with no background research on if its been asked, discussed, or if its at all possible..
who would like msgplus to do something about the most annoying feature in msn of all time... the emoticons..

now i dunno about u guys but i have a heap of idiot people on my list that things making random words an emoticcon is cool regardless of how shit it looks when they type a sentence and chunks of it dont show up till moments later or halfway thru remember their emoticon for "me" triggers and whatever else... blah i hate it..

now the idea.. msgplus could change emoticons to a "link" as such(so the trigger word is shown in the msg window as if emoticons were turned off, but if u click the word it will change to the correct emoticon) without the need to entirely turn the feature off(which also sux cause u lose all those smileys..
dunno how possible, but like a red link (so u can tell its ofcourse not a url) for the trigger word would be so darn good! (also gives u a chance to work out from the trigger word if u really wanna see the emoticon.. some ofcourse are not work safe and could be offensive..)

and to make sure this feature would require several months of work... u should be able to whitelist certain emoticon triggers(im undecided if global(not so accurate always) or per contact scale(not so simple and straight forward and becomes a pain) yet) so standard smileys will auto show aswell as other known "proper" emoticons...

</end_super_long_hard_to_read_post>
09-27-2005 08:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
another wacky idea to discuss - by bits on 09-27-2005 at 08:42 AM
RE: another wacky idea to discuss - by RaceProUK on 09-27-2005 at 09:16 AM
RE: another wacky idea to discuss - by bits on 09-27-2005 at 09:23 AM
RE: another wacky idea to discuss - by mwe99 on 09-27-2005 at 01:01 PM
RE: another wacky idea to discuss - by linx05 on 09-27-2005 at 02:12 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version