What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » microdirect.... B*stards

microdirect.... B*stards
Author: Message:
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. microdirect.... B*stards
Well i advise you to never buy from microdirect, they have always given me a dodgy service, and recently my dad also

I got a Creative Zen Micro from them, all was ok but then about 5 months the headphone jack smelt really badly of burning electricals and no headphones or speakers would work properly they just kept crackling

i phoned up MD loads and waited loads on their shitty hold lines and then they would hang up so you'd have to do it all again, anyway when i did get through they just said go to our website its all on there, then hang up. I tried going through their website and none of the links worked or anything.

This is where i phoned them up again and asked them about returning and exchanging it, they said that their website did work and basically called me incompetent of working a PC.

(I then phoned up creative who answered the phone instantly, listened to my problems asked what if anything i had done to test or check the player, then sent me an email with a printable address label to send the player back to them for a brand new one, when i recieved it back within a week i was very happy and even happier to see they gave me the extra brand new 6GB versiion instead of my previous 5GB size)

A similar story for my auntie who bought a Rio Carbon MP3 player, except they didn't send it back to her, she then asked where the fuck it was basically and they accused her of stealing it, even though she never signed for it and they have records of who signed what and when.

(she now owns an ipod and is happy with that :P)

Then recently with my dad, he bought 10 Sat navs from them costing £1300+ and not a single one worked and they were all used and had scratches and stuff on, they took them back declared they were shit and said they would give dad a full refund by X date, X date came and went, dads card bill came in and they had charged him and not refunded him.

This was very bad as my dad had been counting on them refunding him, because he went out and bought another 10 sat navs from a local store (which work)

He went ape, phoned up MD (had same problems i had) who then said that they worked but he could have an exchange or a refund minus the cost of them picking them up and delivering them again. He then told them that 'bill' had already told them that he was goign to be recieving a full refund by X date and hasn't. He then got through to MD's 'Bill' who then got shouted at, he apologised and then explained that their accountancy and returns departments recently got new powers to do stop transactions as and when they want.

We still haven't heard anything from them in a week

Sorry its been a long post but needed to rant, places like Microdirect and eBuyer make they're money by selling old refurbished goods and they have shit service. So steer clear of them!
04-30-2006 11:14 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
microdirect.... B*stards - by aNILEator on 04-30-2006 at 11:14 AM
RE: microdirect.... B*stards - by Reaper on 04-30-2006 at 12:48 PM
RE: microdirect.... B*stards - by Supersonicdarky on 04-30-2006 at 02:31 PM
RE: microdirect.... B*stards - by NiteMare on 04-30-2006 at 05:59 PM
RE: microdirect.... B*stards - by aNILEator on 04-30-2006 at 06:14 PM
RE: microdirect.... B*stards - by paperless on 04-30-2006 at 08:44 PM
RE: microdirect.... B*stards - by kao on 04-30-2006 at 09:02 PM
RE: microdirect.... B*stards - by aNILEator on 04-30-2006 at 09:07 PM