What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Is this Installation tweaked, or out of the box?

Is this Installation tweaked, or out of the box?
Author: Message:
poilf

O.P. Is this Installation tweaked, or out of the box?
Hi there,

this is the biggest installation off MyBB that I can find on the net.
Can someone tell me if there are changes made on the MyBB files or the DB structure to make the board more performant than the standard installation?

I'm asking because I manage a lot of phpBB2 Boards and I'm tired of waiting for phpBB3 and the pain-in-the-*** modding situation over here so I want to switch. I have a running MyBB installation, but only on small forums (you say boards in english, aren't you?) and someone in the community board from http://mybboard.com said that MyBB doesn't scale that good on big boards, so I'm afraid to screw up my big boards (>150k postings with only <300 users) at the switch...

Thanks in advance!
poilf from germany
09-04-2006 11:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Is this Installation tweaked, or out of the box? - by poilf on 09-04-2006 at 11:09 AM
RE: Is this Installation tweaked, or out of the box? - by CookieRevised on 09-04-2006 at 12:39 PM
RE: Is this Installation tweaked, or out of the box? - by absorbation on 09-04-2006 at 12:43 PM
RE: Is this Installation tweaked, or out of the box? - by Lou on 09-04-2006 at 02:06 PM
RE: Is this Installation tweaked, or out of the box? - by poilf on 09-04-2006 at 02:26 PM
RE: Is this Installation tweaked, or out of the box? - by ShawnZ on 09-04-2006 at 02:31 PM
RE: Is this Installation tweaked, or out of the box? - by Snake on 09-04-2006 at 03:12 PM
RE: Is this Installation tweaked, or out of the box? - by ipab on 09-05-2006 at 03:55 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: