What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » [SOLVED] A Windows Explorer wndw opening at the start of the PC after installing Plus

[SOLVED] A Windows Explorer wndw opening at the start of the PC after installing Plus
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: A "Windows Explorer" window opening at the start of the PC since I updated to Plus 5
If it happens without even starting Windows Live Messenger than it is something to do with Windows itself, not with Windows Live Messenger nor Messenger Plus!.

I suggest you check out the RUN registry settings for any abnormality:
1) Open your Registry Editor (Start > Run > regedit.exe  )
2) Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
3) Check if there is a registry key containing that c:\program files\messenger path. If so, remove it.
4) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
5) Check if there is a registry key containing that path. If so, remove it.

Also check the Startup folder in your Windows Start menu.

--------

Note:
quote:
Originally posted by Wallpaperman
I haven't tried to uninstall Plus. I fear that if I do, I'll loose my settings, could be more annoying that this window...
The uninstaller will always ask you if you want to keep your settings (and scripts) or not.

So, uninstalling will not remove your settings if you unselect "remove all users' preferences and files" in the uninstaller wizard (second page).

quote:
Originally posted by Wallpaperman
Haa... that's new...
nope, the backup wizard has been there since Plus! version 3 and has never been gone ;)

This post was edited on 06-26-2011 at 01:06 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-26-2011 12:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[SOLVED] A Windows Explorer wndw opening at the start of the PC after installing Plus - by Wallpaperman on 06-25-2011 at 09:35 AM
RE: Messenger Window opening at the start of the PC since I updated to Plus 5 - by Wallpaperman on 06-26-2011 at 09:03 AM
RE: A "Windows Explorer" window opening at the start of the PC since I updated to Plus 5 - by Spunky on 06-26-2011 at 09:25 AM
RE: RE: A "Windows Explorer" window opening at the start of the PC since I updated to Plus 5 - by Wallpaperman on 06-26-2011 at 09:32 AM
RE: A "Windows Explorer" window opening at the start of the PC since I updated to Plus 5 - by Spunky on 06-26-2011 at 10:16 AM
RE: A "Windows Explorer" window opening at the start of the PC since I updated to Plus 5 - by Wallpaperman on 06-26-2011 at 10:29 AM
RE: A "Windows Explorer" window opening at the start of the PC since I updated to Plus 5 - by CookieRevised on 06-26-2011 at 12:56 PM
RE: A "Windows Explorer" window opening at the start of the PC since I updated to Plus 5 - by Wallpaperman on 06-26-2011 at 04:56 PM
RE: [SOLVED] A Windows Explorer wndw opening at the start of the PC after installing - by CookieRevised on 06-26-2011 at 05:49 PM
RE: [SOLVED] A Windows Explorer wndw opening at the start of the PC after installing Plus - by Wallpaperman on 06-26-2011 at 06:03 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: