What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Knowledge sharing - replies

Knowledge sharing - replies
Author: Message:
ecko_complex

Stop reading my info

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I never replied to that kind of thing before because I didn't want to sound mean, but enough is enough. Messenger Plus! has between 50,000 and 100,000 lines of code (I never counted precisely) that I wrote and rewrote, again and again, the past three years (yep, almost three years already!) and here is the exact count of lines that do not come from me:
  • Nicolas: 30 lines (POP protocol)
  • Ginge: 200 lines (zip library interface)
  • Will: 10 lines (assembly patch for the /nick command and COM internal access in Messenger 5/6)
Feel free to ask any of those people to confirm the numbers. Don't get me wrong, their contribution is appreciated a lot and that's why they get a special place in the about box of the software. I'll never take credits for work that is not mine and I don't have the assembly knowledge to create asm patches like the ones Will does. However, Plus! is not dependant of these patches to live as they target very specific features and the other 99.7% of the code has been written by my hands and my hands only (that includes full Messenger 6 compatibility if you're wondering about it). Say whatever you want about my software but don't deny that it is the result of my work, there's nothing more insulting than this kind of comment which basically mean "Patchou just gathered good code from people around him, added some additional useless features, a sponsor program, and then distributed it and got all the credits for it". Wether you like Messenger Plus! or not, this software is my creation.

That's all I had to say. It may sounds harsh but I got to defend myself from time to time. It's just too easy to say so much bullshit about things you don't know.

Patchou
What about the MSN 5 compatibility? And MSN 6 hooking? They may not have coded it for you but they did help you out. Yeah you don't take credit for their work but that was not my point. My point was that Messenger Plus! would not have /nick (and all the rest) and MSN 5 compatbility and MSn 6 hooking etc without them. Don't put words into my posts patchou, you know exactly what I meant.
This isn't a signature.
12-17-2003 02:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: