What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict

Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict
SurfIsUp,

I've tried to reproduce this problem several times and I couldn't succeed. I'm using the same Windows version, Windows Messenger version and MSN Messenger version you reported in your first post. I know this may seem obvious but, did you try to reinstall Windows Messenger after updating your version of MSN Messenger? the kind of problem you're reporting is generally related to an unproper registration of Windows Messenger in the system.

The only times I got MSN Messenger to automatically start on my system was when another application was requesting the Messenger object (such as Outlook or Internet Explorer). I recommed you to uninstall any Messenger plugin you have (Messenger Plus! plugins and Windows Messenger service plugins) and let me know if it solves anything.

I know from past experience that bad registration of Messenger can cause a lot of different kind of problems. Generally, unisntalling both Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger, then reinstalling them both. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful and I hope that these suggestions will help you fix your problems. If they don't and if you are willing to put more time in this investigation, please send me an email to mplus@patchou.com. I'll send you a beta version of the forthcoming Plus!3. This version generates a debug log file that will help me find out what's going on on your computers. However, as I said previously, it is important to disable any registrer plugin before doing any test as plugins tend to call the Messenger API the wrong way.

Regards,
Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-16-2004 05:54 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict - by SurfIsUp on 04-15-2004 at 06:56 PM
RE: Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict - by aNILEator on 04-15-2004 at 06:58 PM
RE: Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict - by SurfIsUp on 04-15-2004 at 07:00 PM
RE: Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict - by CookieRevised on 04-15-2004 at 08:11 PM
RE: Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict - by SurfIsUp on 04-15-2004 at 08:41 PM
RE: Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict - by CookieRevised on 04-16-2004 at 12:35 AM
RE: Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict - by SurfIsUp on 04-16-2004 at 02:19 AM
RE: Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict - by CookieRevised on 04-16-2004 at 02:27 AM
RE: Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict - by Patchou on 04-16-2004 at 02:37 AM
RE: Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict - by SurfIsUp on 04-16-2004 at 03:28 AM
RE: Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict - by WDZ on 04-16-2004 at 03:54 AM
RE: Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict - by SurfIsUp on 04-16-2004 at 04:36 AM
RE: Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict - by Patchou on 04-16-2004 at 05:54 AM
RE: Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict - by SurfIsUp on 04-16-2004 at 06:49 AM
RE: RE: Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict - by CookieRevised on 04-16-2004 at 11:11 AM
RE: Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict - by Jeronimo on 04-16-2004 at 12:38 PM
RE: Windows Messenger vs MsgrPlus - conflict - by Patchou on 04-16-2004 at 02:40 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: