What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset

[suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset
Author: Message:
DeltaBlast

Wheeee!

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: RE: [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset
quote:
Originally posted by Leif
quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBlast
And now that I talk about it, I also have the problem that msn changes my display picture each time I log in.. anyone got a fix for that?

Tools | Options | Secrecy -- bottommost option: untick (rough translation from Swedish)
Does that help at all?

Wow that actually work... even though it has nothing to do with my adressbook, it worked ^_^

quote:
Now for the display pictures, is it a display picture you previously used? If so it might be MSN Messenger not actually saving the information on exit. You can try the following.

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open a task manager (If using Windows XP, click on Processes) find MsgPlus.exe and end the process.

What you will want to do next is sign on to MSN Messenger (if you aren't already) and set your DP. Then sign off and exit MSN Messenger from the system tray. Reload MSN and check to see if your DP is different.

That didn't work though. But leif's did, so that's all good. I guess that adressbook=contactlist

quote:
Click the Sounds tab, and change the sounds for MSN save it as a scheme and hit apply. Reload MSN and see if the sounds have changed. If they are the default ones you can replace the default sounds in C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger with the ones you want them to be or try changing them form within MSN Messenger.
I guess replacing the sound files worked... never thought of it. Still an odd way to do it :p

Could be a good feature for plus anyway; custom sounds for everything, not only contacts :p

Tnx for the tips, all. ^_^

This post was edited on 10-13-2004 at 11:01 PM by DeltaBlast.
ÐeltaBlast
Firemarble.com

He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.
~
M.C. Escher
10-13-2004 10:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset - by DeltaBlast on 10-13-2004 at 08:57 AM
RE: [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset - by stuartbennett on 10-13-2004 at 05:16 PM
RE: [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset - by Plik on 10-13-2004 at 05:19 PM
RE: [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset - by kittyfantastico on 10-13-2004 at 05:41 PM
RE: [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset - by BlackStar on 10-13-2004 at 07:34 PM
RE: [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset - by matty on 10-13-2004 at 09:04 PM
RE: [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset - by kittyfantastico on 10-13-2004 at 09:11 PM
RE: [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset - by stuartbennett on 10-14-2004 at 07:31 AM
RE: [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset - by gnownoskcid on 10-14-2004 at 07:54 AM
RE: [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset - by madhattr999 on 10-26-2004 at 04:17 AM
RE: [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset - by CookieRevised on 10-26-2004 at 12:44 PM
RE: RE: [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset - by DeltaBlast on 11-03-2004 at 08:24 PM
RE: [suggestion] Kill msn's auto sound-reset - by CookieRevised on 11-06-2004 at 04:47 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: