What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Devilin and the uninstall page

Devilin and the uninstall page
Author: Message:
Devilin

O.P. RE: RE: Devilin and the uninstall page
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Originally posted by Devilin
I've tested the program itself in a variety of ways, letting different anti Spyware programs take bites out it, in one scenario I ended up formatting, because of the instability problems,

Its your own fault for doing this, it is clearly instructed not to use spyware removal programs, therefore, you put your computer at risk, not patchou's fault..... It won't be stable, nothing will if ad-aware programs take registries and files from it..

Of course its my own fault, it was a deliberate exercise in testing various scenarios, I deliberately tried for the worst case scenario, and succeeded, my computer became so unstable I needed to format it

My point was, what if this wasn't somebody's fault, it just happened through circumstances beyond their control,
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by Devilin
Could you please name lots?  Specifically,
program-wise, no I can't, because I don't installed that much freeware to begin with, but I have come across them regulary. Also, the security box is used on tons of websites, including forums (like mess.be), sites to register passwords (like msn, passport, ebay, ...), etc... etc...

In other words, it is not because you didn't come across such boxes that it is a rare/unusual method. Facts are that it is a very commonly known/reconized method (also the reason why nobody ever complained about it)....

Yes there used on forums , to prevent bot's from registry, but uninstalling programs?  No this is not common practice, even in freeware programs, and I've tested lots, this is highly unusual, unless you can point out specific programs that use this method of uninstalling, my original statement stands, and will not be swayed by I'm sure lots do, without proof to back this up, Soz CookieRevised :D
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Wrong. AVG detects the setup of the sponsor program when Messenger Plus! extracts it during setup (and I just installed the latest version of AVG Free just to be sure). Again, there's absolutely no reason for any antivirus or antispyware to detect my software as being dangerous as it is not. In fact, the major problem is that on some sites (like on yours apparently), the instructions focus on "you got Messenger Plus! ? here is howto get rid of it" instead of starting with an explanation message, stating that Plus! comes with an optional adware program and that you may have installed it. Sites like yours make Messenger Plus! look like a virus and that's what creates the wrong impression and forced be to create the facts page a couple of days ago (I have nothing against the fact that youshow how to remove my sponsor program, but itwould be faire if you gave a little more information about the product)

And once again, you cannot, under any circumstances and in all logic, hold me responsible for things your various anti-spyware programs have done to your computer.

Patchou, I assume your differentiating between your program and the sponsor program, although there combined unless somebody clicks no ?,  this would lead to a very long and drawn out exploration, which I'm sure somebody just wishing to uninstall messenger plus, wouldn't wish to read, although your correct, about the statement itself I shall amend it, the thing about uninstalling messenger plus, and its sponsor program, I would consider a good idea, because of the dangers of conflicts, with anti Spyware programs,

Say for example, somebody install messenger plus, six months later they install anti Spyware software, would you expect them to remember every line of text in the agreement six months later?, messenger plus is potentially a dangerous program when mixed with anti Spyware programs, unless you manage to resolve this with  anti Spyware writers, I consider uninstalling messenger plus the best advice, unless you have a convincing argument against this advice

I don't hold you responsible for anything, and there not my anti Spyware programs, I didn't write them honest :D

And please don't hold me responsible for anything, I'm a product of social conditioning, and I therefore not responsible for my own actions :D
If you're using any anti-Spyware products, that continuously scan, turn them off, you may wish to turn off any scanning software that may consider, messenger plus as a potential virus trojan spyware Addware, messenger plus doesn't contain harmful material, but conflicts may occur----disconnected yourself from the Internet if you do this, and turn them on before you re-connect to the Internet

? is this acceptable?  Assuming that certain anti virus programs, contain anti Spyware scripts, and future conflicts may occur
12-01-2004 11:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Devilin and the uninstall page - by Devilin on 12-01-2004 at 12:30 AM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Patchou on 12-01-2004 at 12:56 AM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Devilin on 12-01-2004 at 07:25 AM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Patchou on 12-01-2004 at 07:47 AM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by user27089 on 12-01-2004 at 08:14 AM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by ddunk on 12-01-2004 at 08:19 AM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Devilin on 12-01-2004 at 06:44 PM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by user27089 on 12-01-2004 at 07:22 PM
RE: RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Devilin on 12-01-2004 at 11:04 PM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Patchou on 12-01-2004 at 08:39 PM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by CookieRevised on 12-01-2004 at 09:16 PM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Chrono on 12-02-2004 at 03:37 AM
RE: RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Devilin on 12-02-2004 at 07:31 AM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Patchou on 12-02-2004 at 06:11 AM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by CookieRevised on 12-02-2004 at 07:45 AM
RE: RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Devilin on 12-02-2004 at 08:01 PM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Patchou on 12-02-2004 at 08:45 AM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Sam Spade on 12-02-2004 at 10:40 AM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Patchou on 12-02-2004 at 06:53 PM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by WDZ on 12-02-2004 at 07:10 PM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by RaceProUK on 12-02-2004 at 08:07 PM
RE: RE: RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by CookieRevised on 12-02-2004 at 10:30 PM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Devilin on 12-02-2004 at 10:42 PM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by CookieRevised on 12-02-2004 at 11:01 PM
RE: RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Devilin on 12-02-2004 at 11:30 PM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Patchou on 12-03-2004 at 02:21 AM
RE: RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Devilin on 12-03-2004 at 06:46 AM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by leito on 12-03-2004 at 06:51 AM
RE: RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Devilin on 12-03-2004 at 07:08 AM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by leito on 12-03-2004 at 07:44 AM
RE: RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Devilin on 12-03-2004 at 08:54 PM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by leito on 12-03-2004 at 05:53 PM
RE: Devilin and the uninstall page - by Patchou on 12-03-2004 at 11:31 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode