What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Adware, but not the usual, i dont think

Adware, but not the usual, i dont think
Author: Message:
Xevious

O.P. Adware, but not the usual, i dont think
From the moment i first installed messenger plus i was sceptical about all the adware going about my computer and on internet explorer, and have only now realized that it was messenger plus that caused it.

Im not saying messenger plus is a bad program, completely the opposite infact and im going to keep using it but ive been having probems getting rid of the adware. Ive followed the thread stating how to get rid of the adware, and have followed it successfully. This is what i did:

1. Install Plus with the sponsor program to ensure all aspects and uninstall programs are there.
2. I uninstalled plus.
3. I installed plus without the adware.

Now, everything is working fine, all adware gone, untill i restart my computer, as soon as i restart and windows loads again it all comes back even though it was all gone before. I even did an adware scan after getting rid of the adware to make sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

On another note, I fail to see why your sponsor is this adware, because its aim is plainly to be a hastle, and is in no way useful. I fail to see why a company thinks that adding favourites to your favourites menu which you cant even delete is helpful.

Cant you go with a different sponsor, like a shareware program or something, seeing as how much hastle and how many threads you get complaining about adware.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated and i hope you see my points.

Peace out.
02-12-2005 04:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Adware, but not the usual, i dont think - by Xevious on 02-12-2005 at 04:07 PM
RE: Adware, but not the usual, i dont think - by user27089 on 02-12-2005 at 04:09 PM
RE: Adware, but not the usual, i dont think - by _Humphreys on 02-12-2005 at 04:12 PM
RE: Adware, but not the usual, i dont think - by Mike on 02-12-2005 at 04:24 PM
RE: Adware, but not the usual, i dont think - by Xevious on 02-12-2005 at 06:27 PM
RE: Adware, but not the usual, i dont think - by L. Coyote on 02-12-2005 at 06:48 PM
RE: Adware, but not the usual, i dont think - by Xevious on 02-12-2005 at 08:00 PM
RE: Adware, but not the usual, i dont think - by Mike on 02-12-2005 at 09:34 PM
RE: Adware, but not the usual, i dont think - by Fraisie on 02-12-2005 at 09:47 PM
RE: Adware, but not the usual, i dont think - by Concord Dawn on 02-12-2005 at 09:59 PM
RE: Adware, but not the usual, i dont think - by ShawnZ on 02-12-2005 at 10:56 PM
RE: Adware, but not the usual, i dont think - by TheBlasphemer on 02-12-2005 at 11:15 PM
RE: Adware, but not the usual, i dont think - by Xevious on 02-13-2005 at 09:39 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: