What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Msn 7 final FREEZES 5secs after login

Msn 7 final FREEZES 5secs after login
Author: Message:
Fredzz

37 / Male / –
O.P. Shocked  Msn 7 final FREEZES 5secs after login
For the very first time i installed Msn 7 final, whenever I tried to login, it would login, but after 5 seconds, MSN would freeze! Goin around the discussion center of Microsoft, I noticed I was not the only one!

One solution would be for those who are on a WAN, with Linksys Routers, you must enter on the setup screen of your router (see manual), and disable something called "Block WAN Request" or "SPI Mode" .

Other solution (that worked for me), is to go to My Documents and rename "My Recieved files" , "My Chat logs"  to something else. And then run Msn 7.
Looks like Msn 7 has some kind of problem when trying to update the way that chat logs are stored.

This last solution worked for me. After unninstalling Msn 7 to install in the english version, it kept on freezing again! So I'm back to Beta version.

I hope Microsoft will fix it soon!
Fredzz rox00rz
04-09-2005 11:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Msn 7 final FREEZES 5secs after login - by Fredzz on 04-09-2005 at 11:32 AM
RE: Msn 7 final FREEZES 5secs after login - by FrozernFire on 04-09-2005 at 02:15 PM
RE: Msn 7 final FREEZES 5secs after login - by Fredzz on 04-09-2005 at 02:20 PM
RE: Msn 7 final FREEZES 5secs after login - by Fredzz on 04-22-2005 at 02:10 PM
RE: Msn 7 final FREEZES 5secs after login - by Sunshine on 04-22-2005 at 02:14 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: