What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Forum Needs some Changing?

Poll: What do you think about this idea about Dividing the forum some more? Giving it some more Sub-forums...
I think this idea would greatly improve the forum quality
I think this idea is good, but not help improve much
I think this idea is ok, but I don't care to much
I don't care (please don't use this too much)
I don't like the idea, I don't think it will work
I don't like the idea, it would create to much "distance"
I don't like the idea, it would mess up the entire forum and make everything worse
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Forum Needs some Changing?
Author: Message:
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

RE: Forum Needs some Changing?
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
Yes, the forum has a search function, but what use is it if new comers don't use that, and instead of looking after a thread about their same problem they just create a new... If we devided it up so problems/help would be in their own subforum it would be MUCH easier for newcomers to see and find there problems... They would just look at the top ten threads and if they find something they can use they read it, if not they post a new thread... but beacuse everything is mixed up into 1 subforum releases, requests, helps etc... The problems will not be in the top list of the subforum and the new comers will never see/notice that the threads are already created...
do you honestly think people who don't search will look in the forum? :lol:
quote:
And how good is a search funtion if i'm looking for a plugin I don't know the name of or function of.. If I'm just looking for plugins to TEST not to USE.. I'm just looking for different plugins and get ideas etc... But with everything mixed up it becomes a pain in the ass to do this... And no you cannot use the Search funtion in this particular case...
search in msgplus general talk for "suggestion"
holy shit :o
quote:
Also for plugin creators that wants an idea of what to create.. Why can't there be a Request forum????... All the good ideas that have been proposed during the time of the forum are gone... They are still there, but why do I need to search for the word "Request" or "suggestion" and get 100000 hits because each request/suggestion have 50 replies...???.... It would be much easier and much more userfriendly if we divided things up instead of having everything mixed up into 1 bowl of junk...
group results by thread, and you have your thing :-/
quote:
Take a look at the msnfanatic forum... It's amazing... I love the way everything is delt in groups and subgroups... and the bigger projects have their own subgroups... Why does everything in this forum have to be into 11 subforums???.. I see no point in that.. This forum is to big for that kinda shit... We need to expand... We are not any longer just a forum that get 10 hits pay day... This is much more major... Why does everything have to stay the same old pile of shit...????... It's useless to spend some quality time around here since there are so many threads about "help me" or request.. And I have to skim that all time ignoring those that look uninterresing for me at the point... I want to be able to if I decide I want to help people, then go help people, if I want to check out releases I go check out release.. the other crap that I have to struggle my way through a lot of useless threads is a pain in the ass...
ffs, msnfanatic is a developer's forum, this is a SUPPORT FORUM. msnfanatic HOSTS projects. no wonder they get their own subforum.
quote:
We all want some changing in this forum... We want people to be nice, we want people to bahave, and we want people to have a good time, then why do we keep haning in the same old "Compact" forum that we did 3 years ago?? (Well ok, 3 years ago the plugin section was not there and properly not some of the others).. But why don't you want to help the forum expand?.. I can't see thi point in that....
And if by a chance you take a look at the poll results you would notice (Even it's not yet a big number, but gives a general idea) that 11 out of 13 people have vote the "BIG YES"... This only shows that i'm not the only one that wants this to happen, and not just a part of the community but a GREAT part of the community agrees with me!... This has to say something!!!
two out of them code plugins... "this has to say something!!!" :rolleyes:

sorry, but if it's just because you couldn't be arsed, then you shoul set up your own forums and let people register there. this still remains a help forum and plugin threads are tolerated but not part of the core of the forum.
05-30-2005 05:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Forum Needs some Changing? - by (CyBeRDuDe) on 05-30-2005 at 11:57 AM
RE: Forum Needs some Changing? - by Anubis on 05-30-2005 at 12:04 PM
RE: Forum Needs some Changing? - by absorbation on 05-30-2005 at 12:06 PM
RE: Forum Needs some Changing? - by ~INVASION~ on 05-30-2005 at 12:06 PM
RE: Forum Needs some Changing? - by absorbation on 05-30-2005 at 12:07 PM
RE: Forum Needs some Changing? - by user27089 on 05-30-2005 at 12:10 PM
RE: Forum Needs some Changing? - by -dt- on 05-30-2005 at 12:13 PM
RE: Forum Needs some Changing? - by (CyBeRDuDe) on 05-30-2005 at 12:21 PM