What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card?

how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card?
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card?
quote:
Originally posted by squall_leonhart69r
its not the first :P, john andertons doesn't either
John anderton doesn't what?

quote:
im still searching for the barcode number online
barcode numbers (aka serial numbers) will not be found on the net. Only type numbers!

quote:
i'll do a google search of the mobo id number
How can you search for an ID number when TheMusicPirate still hasn't provided one??? This is what this whole discussion is about. The ID number IS ALWAYS printed on the mobo, only TheMusicPirate doesn't know were to look... "Goldfish" is not the ID number, it is a pseudo name for a certain type of mobo, which could well be a whole series of different types of mobo's.

quote:
and it has built in video, using a Intel express graphics chipset, running a grantsdale codenamed gpu
I already said that and we can see that by his screenshots...

quote:
i'll run a search on the asus discontinued products page
trust me, you wont find anything about GoldFish on Asus' website itself, I already did the search.

quote:
EDIT
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocumen...&docname=c00300057

Asus did produce the Goldfish2, only it was made especially for computer manufacturers such as compaq and hp

it includes NO AGP
onboard video
3 pci slots

This might be it, but as I said earlier, until he finds the EXACT type number id, you can NOT be sure. Looks can be decieving and different mobo's can look the same.

He needs to look for big written white numbers on his mobo, located usually near the middle or between slots or something. Until he can't find those, you wont know for sure what mobo it is that he has...

EDIT: and don't say I'm wrong, 'cause I already found different versions of the mobo, but they all look exactly the same (that is: the photo they use to represent it, are all the same; yet the specification are different and thus also the type id)

quote:
Originally posted by TheMusicPirate
quote:
would this be it?
that is exactlly what my mobo looks like.
I'm sorry, but how do you know for sure? (eg: where is that ping square connector you've talking about earlier?)

If you are so sure that this is your mobo, then you also had a clear look on it's entire surface and you would have found the mobo type id, I've been asking for from the beginning...

quote:
its an AsusTek board, not Asus
That's the same. The company is still called AsusTek Computing in full. And it also depends on in which country you're in; in some countries the company is called simply Asus...

quote:
you can put a PCI 5200 in there, but most video cards are either AGP or PCI-E now so theres not much choice otherwise
There are still PCI graphics cards widely available! (of course they wont have the specifics of the top-notch graphics cards you can have)

This post was edited on 06-29-2005 at 02:07 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-29-2005 01:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by TheMusicPirate on 06-28-2005 at 12:14 PM
RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by saralk on 06-28-2005 at 12:22 PM
RE: RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by TheMusicPirate on 06-28-2005 at 12:24 PM
RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by CookieRevised on 06-28-2005 at 12:58 PM
RE: RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by TheMusicPirate on 06-28-2005 at 01:03 PM
RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by Mnjul on 06-28-2005 at 01:04 PM
RE: RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by TheMusicPirate on 06-28-2005 at 01:28 PM
RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by Ezra on 06-28-2005 at 01:42 PM
RE: RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by TheMusicPirate on 06-28-2005 at 01:44 PM
RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by CookieRevised on 06-28-2005 at 01:45 PM
RE: RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by TheMusicPirate on 06-28-2005 at 01:47 PM
RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by CookieRevised on 06-28-2005 at 01:56 PM
RE: RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by TheMusicPirate on 06-28-2005 at 02:03 PM
RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by CookieRevised on 06-28-2005 at 02:09 PM
RE: RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by TheMusicPirate on 06-29-2005 at 12:27 AM
RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by CookieRevised on 06-29-2005 at 09:53 AM
RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by squall_leonhart69r on 06-29-2005 at 10:38 AM
RE: RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by TheMusicPirate on 06-29-2005 at 11:54 AM
RE: RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by CookieRevised on 06-29-2005 at 01:47 PM
RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by squall_leonhart69r on 06-29-2005 at 12:22 PM
RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by squall_leonhart69r on 06-29-2005 at 02:04 PM
RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by CookieRevised on 06-29-2005 at 02:13 PM
RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by squall_leonhart69r on 06-29-2005 at 02:54 PM
RE: RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by CookieRevised on 06-29-2005 at 03:05 PM
RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by squall_leonhart69r on 06-29-2005 at 03:19 PM
RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by CookieRevised on 06-29-2005 at 03:24 PM
RE: how can i found out if i will be able to install a new video card? - by squall_leonhart69r on 06-29-2005 at 03:59 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: