What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » This is a total joke!!!, uninstall?, who you trying to kid?

This is a total joke!!!, uninstall?, who you trying to kid?
Author: Message:
Garyjm

O.P. This is a total joke!!!, uninstall?, who you trying to kid?
What a joke!!!.

I downloaded this program out of curiosity because everyone was going on about how good it is, what a joke!!!. How can microsoft allow a spyware / banner infected program to even merge with their official software?. During software installation, you provide an installment of banner ads, toolbars, and spyware, yes spyware. Who you trying to kid here?. During uninstallation (which occured very quickly on this machine, believe me), you ask for a validation number. The casual PC user will be easily satisfied and convinced to believe the program has been uninstalled properly / totally from the system (yeah right), which brings me swiftly onto my next point. When running messenger plus, if you take a look in the processes dialog, you will see internet explorer is always running taking up valuable system resources (regardless to whether it is actually closed or not). For someone who has low ram, and enough applications open, this is enough to cause slowness and problems. Then comes the ads (another joke) but granted, you do state this during installment (but for the user who reads over everything, this is a trick). During uninstallation you are promised with dialogs that everything has been uninstalled, and removed from the system. Yet, internet explorer remains running (again regardless as to whether it is closed or not) and ads and banners still popup. Spyware is still detected (even though plus claims to remove this). So, how do you explain this one?. You claim microsoft are aware of your addon, but I'm not so sure they know everything. If an official awnser and removal solution is not met to my statement A.S.A.P, I shall write an official complaint to microsoft or the authorities and take it further. (This is not a joke), and generally I go by what I say. I do not expect some dodgy comment, or sarcastic reply back as Messenger Plus is "official" (so we are lead to believe), even if the program is not part of microsoft, yet microsoft are aware, they have every right to know if an application using their products are causing security risks to millions of users worldwide.

I don't appreciate my PC being infected with spyware which can soon lead to trojans and other security issues, and I certainly do not appreciate being left with spyware (when your official addon claims to remove it). To me this seems like a deliberate programming error.

Many thanks

G.M
08-03-2005 09:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
This is a total joke!!!, uninstall?, who you trying to kid? - by Garyjm on 08-03-2005 at 09:44 PM
RE: This is a total joke!!!, uninstall?, who you trying to kid? - by brian on 08-03-2005 at 09:48 PM
RE: This is a total joke!!!, uninstall?, who you trying to kid? - by M73A on 08-03-2005 at 09:49 PM
RE: This is a total joke!!!, uninstall?, who you trying to kid? - by absorbation on 08-03-2005 at 09:51 PM
RE: This is a total joke!!!, uninstall?, who you trying to kid? - by Garyjm on 08-03-2005 at 09:55 PM
RE: This is a total joke!!!, uninstall?, who you trying to kid? - by Menthix on 08-03-2005 at 10:06 PM
RE: This is a total joke!!!, uninstall?, who you trying to kid? - by Garyjm on 08-03-2005 at 10:07 PM
RE: This is a total joke!!!, uninstall?, who you trying to kid? - by M73A on 08-03-2005 at 10:08 PM
RE: This is a total joke!!!, uninstall?, who you trying to kid? - by L. Coyote on 08-03-2005 at 10:11 PM
RE: This is a total joke!!!, uninstall?, who you trying to kid? - by absorbation on 08-03-2005 at 10:16 PM
RE: This is a total joke!!!, uninstall?, who you trying to kid? - by Max on 08-04-2005 at 08:49 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: