What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Sudden involuntarily Online mode when in Appear Offline

Sudden involuntarily Online mode when in Appear Offline
Author: Message:
mark_c99

O.P. Sudden involuntarily Online mode when in Appear Offline
Hi all,

I have a rather annoying problem that appears now and then and was hoping someone here has also experienced it and has a fix for it.

The situation: my status is Appear Offline (AO).  Then for no reason the system logs me off and promptly logs me back in but this time as Online.  First, it shouldn't log me off but I know this happens sometimes due to system congestion and whatnot.  But then it should NOT involuntarily log me back on and definitely not change my status, especially if I had it on AO!  Obviously I want to be discreet and this mode should be treated as "special".

This has happened to me countless times and I'm using the latest MSN messenger and latest MsgPlus version from July.  It's has happened with old versions and even the latest versions.  It doesn't matter if I'm using the computer or not.  I had gone 2-3 months without seeing it and then today it happened again!  Also, very important: I have checked OFF both "Automatically run Messenger when I log on to Windows" and "Allow automatic sign in when connected to the Internet".  I couldn't find any other option that might be related but if I missed it I would like to know.

Can someone please tell me how to remedy this?  It's been like this for almost two years now.

Thanks for all responses and any help!

Mark
10-03-2006 01:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Sudden involuntarily Online mode when in Appear Offline - by mark_c99 on 10-03-2006 at 01:35 PM
RE: Sudden involuntarily Online mode when in Appear Offline - by foaly on 10-03-2006 at 01:41 PM
RE: Sudden involuntarily Online mode when in Appear Offline - by Sunshine on 10-03-2006 at 01:42 PM
RE: Sudden involuntarily Online mode when in Appear Offline - by mark_c99 on 10-03-2006 at 01:46 PM
RE: Sudden involuntarily Online mode when in Appear Offline - by Sunshine on 10-03-2006 at 10:50 PM
RE: Sudden involuntarily Online mode when in Appear Offline - by mark_c99 on 10-04-2006 at 09:18 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: