What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Why Wont Zune work with the "what im listening to" feature?

Why Wont Zune work with the "what im listening to" feature?
Author: Message:
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Why Wont Zune work with the "what im listening to" feature?
quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
Originally posted by Salem
So a Zune Media Player update could support it, it wouldn't necessarily need a WLM update.

It won't need a WLM update at all.
Since all these plugins for media players basically copy a lump of data into WLM's process space, WLM doesn't need to be media-player-aware at all. In fact, as some tools have shown, any program can trigger WLM's 'What I'm Listening To' feature with whatever data they like, so long as it conforms to the right format.

I can post more detail later if you like ;)

Yeh, I myself have experimented with it in one of my applications written in Visual Basic 6, and it's working perfectly (except for a few minor thing i'd like which i cant seem to get right).

So it basically up to the media player, program or plug-in developer(s) whether or not to support the WLM feature.

~Salem(@)

This post was edited on 11-30-2006 at 06:32 PM by Salem.
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
11-30-2006 06:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Why Wont Zune work with the "what im listening to" feature? - by Lando81 on 11-26-2006 at 09:55 PM
RE: Why Wont Zune work with the "what im listening to" feature? - by user27089 on 11-26-2006 at 10:30 PM
RE: RE: Why Wont Zune work with the "what im listening to" feature? - by alexp2_ad on 11-26-2006 at 10:41 PM
RE: Why Wont Zune work with the "what im listening to" feature? - by Lando81 on 11-26-2006 at 10:44 PM
RE: Why Wont Zune work with the "what im listening to" feature? - by user27089 on 11-27-2006 at 10:34 AM
RE: RE: Why Wont Zune work with the "what im listening to" feature? - by Salem on 11-30-2006 at 02:43 PM
RE: Why Wont Zune work with the "what im listening to" feature? - by sljaxon on 11-28-2006 at 12:37 AM
RE: Why Wont Zune work with the "what im listening to" feature? - by RaceProUK on 11-30-2006 at 05:18 PM
RE: RE: Why Wont Zune work with the "what im listening to" feature? - by Salem on 11-30-2006 at 06:30 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: