What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » need help finding the right mobo + gpu

need help finding the right mobo + gpu
Author: Message:
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: need help finding the right mobo + gpu
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
For a GPU, I'd suggest a NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT (or a GS if you want to save some money). If you have an even tighter budget, goto NVIDIA's site and look at the vista capable GPU list and choose one for your needs :)

For a mobo, I would like to say that a 975 series mobo by ABIT is good but that again is quite costly I believe.

If you really want a processor, E6600 wins :P but that isn't cheap either. It comes upto what you want and what you can afford. Thats all :P I dislike Pentium D's because they are midrange step up processors to the core 2 duo's imo. Conroe > * ;)

And oh, 1 GB of ddr2 ram and you're all ready ;)

That would be my recommendations too.  I've hard some great things about the E6600 and E6400 (especially with a half decent cooling system).  Both processors are probably best value for money atm.

For you GPU this link shows all of nVidia's Vista compatible GPU's (I'm assuming that means they can run aero but I'm not entirely sure).

And as JA said you really do want the 1GB of RAM, and really it has come down a lot in price lately so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Although this does end up more expensive then what you were initially planning, I think you will probably need to cover more than the minimum specs when it comes to a Windows OS as I'm sure you are aware with XP and the likes.
[Image: markee.png]
12-05-2006 06:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
need help finding the right mobo + gpu - by Supersonicdarky on 12-05-2006 at 01:51 AM
RE: need help finding the right mobo + gpu - by brian on 12-05-2006 at 03:01 AM
RE: need help finding the right mobo + gpu - by lizard.boy on 12-05-2006 at 03:35 AM
RE: need help finding the right mobo + gpu - by Supersonicdarky on 12-05-2006 at 04:30 AM
RE: need help finding the right mobo + gpu - by lizard.boy on 12-05-2006 at 04:33 AM
RE: need help finding the right mobo + gpu - by Kenji on 12-05-2006 at 04:41 AM
RE: need help finding the right mobo + gpu - by John Anderton on 12-05-2006 at 06:18 AM
RE: RE: need help finding the right mobo + gpu - by markee on 12-05-2006 at 06:50 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: