What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Exporting Renamed Contacts?

Exporting Renamed Contacts?
Author: Message:
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Exporting Renamed Contacts?
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Since anyone didn't reply to you, you must know that people on here are waiting you to give more detailed information.
Not necessary... People who saw the post, maybe don't know an exactly answer... And it's comom to the first reply for asking more information... (Don't forget that the forum is visited by guests too)
So, Zodiak, don't worry about that...

quote:
Originally posted by Zodiak
Oh I am sorry. I was sick when I was little and treatments left me with very short-term memory :(
I often forget to check forums frequently unless i have that subscribe to thread option enabled
Don't worry about that, Zodiak!!! Members are welcome here, including those who are not "active" on forums.... You can post when you want... (Y)

Now, back on your question: Don't know exactly too, but I don't think is possible to export a renamed contact (as it's).. But, you can try to export the contacts and them see what happens on other account (if you have/can).

I've made a test with a friend.... Both of us have WLM 8.1 and Plus!4.23. On my computer/WLM I added a nick for a contact... Then signed out my account and signed in my account on my friend's computer.
Result: The contact that I had added a nick was appearing with the real name and not as the nick added...
In conclusion: with this test, I believe that the nicks added are stored on your computer (where they were added).... And, as a after-formated computer don't show "pre-formatation" added nicks, I suggest you to try the export opition (but before you format your computer, please ;))...
If doesn't work, and nobody gave another solution, what you can do is to make a list (for example: e-mail - nick added) so you can re-add the nick after formating.. (Yeah, I know this is "boring" if you have lot's of contacts)...

Also, another information: I've looked into Google, but nothing... BUT be free to search there again (maybe I've missed something)...

And, again. be welcomed to the forum!!! ;)

Edit1: Other people, as always, be free to add more info...
Edit2: Sorry about the English... :$ I'm little tired...

This post was edited on 06-20-2007 at 04:07 AM by MicroWay.
06-20-2007 04:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Exporting Renamed Contacts? - by Zodiak on 06-17-2007 at 11:23 PM
RE: Exporting Renamed Contacts? - by ahmetgns on 06-18-2007 at 06:19 PM
RE: Exporting Renamed Contacts? - by Zodiak on 06-20-2007 at 02:58 AM
RE: Exporting Renamed Contacts? - by MicroWay on 06-20-2007 at 04:02 AM
RE: RE: Exporting Renamed Contacts? - by ahmetgns on 06-20-2007 at 07:16 AM
RE: RE: RE: Exporting Renamed Contacts? - by CookieRevised on 06-20-2007 at 11:16 PM
RE: Exporting Renamed Contacts? - by trini on 06-20-2007 at 09:20 AM
RE: Exporting Renamed Contacts? - by MicroWay on 06-20-2007 at 07:55 PM
RE: Exporting Renamed Contacts? - by ahmetgns on 06-20-2007 at 08:02 PM
RE: Exporting Renamed Contacts? - by ahmetgns on 06-21-2007 at 08:34 AM
RE: Exporting Renamed Contacts? - by CookieRevised on 06-21-2007 at 09:12 AM
RE: Exporting Renamed Contacts? - by Zodiak on 06-23-2007 at 01:28 AM
RE: RE: Exporting Renamed Contacts? - by CookieRevised on 06-23-2007 at 02:37 AM
RE: Exporting Renamed Contacts? - by ahmetgns on 06-23-2007 at 07:54 AM
RE: Exporting Renamed Contacts? - by CookieRevised on 06-23-2007 at 09:11 AM
RE: Exporting Renamed Contacts? - by MicroWay on 06-23-2007 at 01:12 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: