What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Good News for those who wish to keep using MSN Messenger

Good News for those who wish to keep using MSN Messenger
Author: Message:
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Good News for those who wish to keep using MSN Messenger
quote:
Originally posted by gideonblue
Unfortunately, it still isn't working for me. I downloaded version 7 like you suggested. It worked, but when I powered up my puter and tried to sign in it says, "a newer version is available. you must install the newer version in order to continue."

Any thoughts????
Hmm, on which OS are you? Note that users on Windows Vista still need to update to Windows Live Messenger.

I'll inquire about this...

quote:
Originally posted by Voldermort
+wo
You just put a smile on my face...hehehe remarkable how some still don't know eh :D

Edit - results of inquirements:
More people have reported this to Microsoft and in most cases a clean install of 7.0.0820 helps. What might have happened is that you downloaded the wrong 7 version by mistake because there are still various versions about on the download center (either that or some program on your computer prevented a correct install/reverted it back on reboot ...some security programs roll back on reboot).
My advice: uninstall your current MSN Messenger version, download from the link i mentioned in my first post and reinstall. If you still get update warning after that check if there's any programs running which might do a rollback and temporarily turn it off or install in safemode.

This post was edited on 10-04-2007 at 10:34 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-04-2007 08:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Good News for those who wish to keep using MSN Messenger - by Sunshine on 09-25-2007 at 10:42 PM
RE: Good News for those who wish to keep using MSN Messenger - by spongeboy on 09-26-2007 at 03:23 AM
RE: Good News for those who wish to keep using MSN Messenger - by exbox on 09-26-2007 at 06:40 AM
RE: Good News for those who wish to keep using MSN Messenger - by Sunshine on 09-26-2007 at 09:23 AM
RE: Good News for those who wish to keep using MSN Messenger - by gideonblue on 10-03-2007 at 01:51 AM
RE: Good News for those who wish to keep using MSN Messenger - by Voldemort on 10-03-2007 at 03:26 AM
RE: Good News for those who wish to keep using MSN Messenger - by Sunshine on 10-04-2007 at 08:58 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: