What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds?

Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds?
Author: Message:
the eNeME

O.P. Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds?
I was wondering what file(s) the custom sounds data and custom smileys are stored in. My messenger constantly disconnects and its beginning to become very frustrating for both me and my contacts.

I tried uninstalling Plus and Messenger and reinstalling, but I didn't want to lose my hundreds of "emotion sounds" and "emoticons" so I selected to save those settings for a future installation (an option while uninstalling Plus).

After uninstalling and reinstalling both programs, I am still experiencing this error.

What I would like to do is uninstall and reinstall everything cleanly then see if I am still having the disconnect problem. If removing the settings fixes it, then I'll just have to re-customize it. But I would rather not lose all my settings if this is not the cause of my problem.

So I need to know where Plus keeps the settings so I can do a clean uninstall then copy the file back in later manually. Anyone know?
10-12-2008 07:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds? - by the eNeME on 10-12-2008 at 07:04 PM
RE: Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds? - by the eNeME on 10-17-2008 at 03:29 AM
RE: Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds? - by Link_of_Hyrule on 10-17-2008 at 03:45 AM
RE: Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds? - by Emmeline on 10-17-2008 at 07:08 AM
RE: Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds? - by DaRk MaDnEsS on 10-17-2008 at 09:27 AM
RE: Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds? - by superfun on 10-17-2008 at 08:29 PM
RE: Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds? - by MeEtc on 10-18-2008 at 02:51 AM
RE: Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds? - by superfun on 10-18-2008 at 11:15 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: