What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Windows 7 and Live Previews

Windows 7 and Live Previews
Author: Message:
fubeb

O.P. Windows 7 and Live Previews
Hello!

I have a sticky dilemma, partly a personal perferences but I have done a good trawl of both these and mess.be forums to no avail, so here I am asking

In windows 7, as you may or may not know, puts the tray icon into the taskbar too. With the new Windows 7 Superbar, you will see a DP window (Which is your old tray icon) and also a regular contacts list window and any convo windows you may have. As a result, a workaround that most people employ who don't like this behavior to move that DP back into the tray is to put WLM into Vista or XP Compatibility Mode.

With the release of the MSGPlus at the end of June, Patchou fixed up the Live Previews of tabbed chats (THANKS!). However with the compatibility mode on, the live preview is not present.

Is there a workaround or solution to have the best of both worlds (ie. not have the DP Window, but still have the live previews)

For reference this is the behavior under windows 7: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/01/15/workarou...tray-in-windows-7/
07-16-2009 07:45 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Windows 7 and Live Previews - by fubeb on 07-16-2009 at 07:45 AM
RE: Windows 7 and Live Previews - by tony on 07-16-2009 at 03:19 PM
RE: Windows 7 and Live Previews - by ShawnZ on 07-16-2009 at 03:24 PM
RE: Windows 7 and Live Previews - by tony on 07-16-2009 at 06:01 PM
RE: RE: Windows 7 and Live Previews - by fubeb on 07-16-2009 at 06:12 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend