What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Internet dies when I set status to "Available"

Internet dies when I set status to "Available"
Author: Message:
iBubble

O.P. Huh?  Internet dies when I set status to "Available"
Hey guys~

This little issue appeared out of the blue yesterday morning.
At first we thought it was normal Charter-internet- up and downage, but after a days worth of trial and error, my mom and I realized it was in fact, due to Windows Live Messenger.

What happens is, I'll sign into WLM (Version 2009, Build 14.0.8089.726), and I'll have my status set to "Appear Offline". But as soon as I change it to anything else, BOOM. I'm signed out, the internet connection is dead, and nothing loads.
The only way to get the net back up again is by resetting the router.

Couple other tidbits which may help with problem solving:
--We attempted to try my mom's WLM, to see if it did the same, but it told her she had to update first. But it stops mid way and says it can't grab a connection.
--I can't repair mine, as it claims that it can't install "Windows Application Error Report"
--I've disabled Plus' features and such, still same problem.
--Not the firewall/virus protection/anything of the sort, we've pretty much tried it all.
--We're both running XP SP3, and connected to the internet via wired network connection.

Help is much appreciated as this is kind of really irritating :]
If you need anymore info, just ask!
Thank you <3

Possible Mini-Breakthrough?:
      You know how when you lose internet connection, WLM will try and automatically reconnect every 2 minutes or so?
It seems that after I reset the router and it automatically reconnects and signs me in as "available", I don't have a problem.
But if I try and sign in on my own, my internet dies.
Any ideas? <3

This post was edited on 12-18-2009 at 05:55 PM by iBubble.
11-22-2009 07:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Internet dies when I set status to "Available" - by iBubble on 11-22-2009 at 07:36 PM
RE: Internet dies when I set status to "Available" - by Chris4 on 11-24-2009 at 08:08 AM
RE: Internet dies when I set status to "Available" - by CookieRevised on 11-24-2009 at 08:42 PM
RE: Internet dies when I set status to "Available" - by iBubble on 12-18-2009 at 03:02 AM
RE: Internet dies when I set status to "Available" - by Chris4 on 12-19-2009 at 02:12 AM
RE: RE: Internet dies when I set status to "Available" - by iBubble on 12-20-2009 at 08:38 PM
RE: Internet dies when I set status to "Available" - by Chrissy on 12-26-2009 at 03:58 AM
RE: Internet dies when I set status to "Available" - by Chris4 on 12-26-2009 at 08:01 AM
RE: Internet dies when I set status to "Available" - by Saiko on 12-29-2009 at 01:23 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: