What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list!

No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list!
Author: Message:
Kian

42 / Male / –
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list!
[bla bla bla]

The point is that if it is possible for everybody to change the ini-file the translation-group would be pretty fuc***-up if something that shouldn't be written in the file suddenly are available for download.

I have asked Patchou to update the maillinglist or somehow make it a bit smarter, like every time a new member wants to join a translation-team he has to contact the current team. I don’t think he reflected that much as he should have but anyway… (the last part of this letter)

My own and the teams opinion is that we don't need a new translator and if we are meant to keep the translation in a language that is fluent (so that it is not possible to see that five translators has been working on their own part), we don't want to get stuck with a new translator.

I don't think its fair just to send out an announcement 'I need translators' cause problems like this are exactly what happens - people thinks they are translators - just because they have signed up. We have told Marzie that we don't need people and thought that he accepted that.

Let’s say that this clever boy has overwritten a language-file that we just had mailed to Patchou - just because he wanted his own name at the list! It would be terrible to se the consequences and of cause the team would be the one to blame...
As long as we do not have any kind of contact with the people who calls themselves translators it is almost impossible to be sure about which lang-file is the right one.
No one really knew about his ‘stunt’ before I saw it today – actually I was a bit afraid about the ini-file (you know something is about to slip and you cannot control it)

The problem can be solved in many ways. I prefer that Patchou keeps his mailinglist updated - keep in touch with the translators: if they have any new users to add or old users to delete they just mail him a note, and if any topics like 'I am a translator' or 'I have a new lang-file' and with an unknown ID pops up in his eMail-client, I think that it would be a great idea to contact the translator group and ask if they know him and what to do…

// Peter
Danish Translator

Sorry about my gramma etc – this letter was written in a hurry

This post was edited on 11-24-2003 at 07:40 PM by Kian.
lets get one thing straight - i am NOT
11-24-2003 05:33 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by ZrednaZ on 11-24-2003 at 03:34 PM
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by ZrednaZ on 11-24-2003 at 04:30 PM
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by x2zen on 11-24-2003 at 04:32 PM
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by Kian on 11-24-2003 at 05:33 PM
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by Chrono on 11-25-2003 at 01:05 AM
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by Kian on 11-25-2003 at 01:32 AM
RE: RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by x2zen on 11-25-2003 at 12:08 PM
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by Choli on 11-25-2003 at 07:53 AM
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by CookieRevised on 11-25-2003 at 12:32 PM
RE: RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by ZrednaZ on 11-25-2003 at 02:48 PM
RE: RE: RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by x2zen on 11-25-2003 at 03:00 PM
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by Choli on 11-25-2003 at 03:10 PM
RE: RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by Leif on 11-25-2003 at 05:32 PM
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by Kian on 11-25-2003 at 03:19 PM
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by x2zen on 11-25-2003 at 03:41 PM
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by NapalmLos on 11-25-2003 at 05:23 PM
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by NapalmLos on 11-25-2003 at 05:55 PM
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by x2zen on 11-25-2003 at 05:57 PM
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by Choli on 11-25-2003 at 06:26 PM
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by Stigmata on 11-25-2003 at 06:31 PM
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by WDZ on 11-25-2003 at 07:07 PM
RE: No thanks, we don't need people adding themselves to our credits-list! - by Chrono on 11-25-2003 at 11:32 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: