What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc...

Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc...
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc...
About Messenger PowerPlus... Nice example of how things got around and out of hand... Does anybody know what it is? I mean, everybody talks about it as if this is made by MS and all. It isn't... PowerPlus is just another addon, just like Plus! is. It hooks into and needs MSN Messenger just like Plus!. MS has nothing todo with it, they only recommend it. And the Animated DP's (which started the whole thing) of PowerPlus is just PowerPlus' own "avatar-system" and have nothing todo with the Display Picture in MSN Messenger.

I'm sorry, but the big "newssites" should be more carefull when saying things. People will buy anything those sites say... But the sites aren't the Godly Holy Grale of information. Posters at those sites should be aware that 90% of people will believe anything they post just because they are meant to be "big newssites" and they will quote them out of context and the ball gets rolling...

Well, those people who are posting are also just common people who hear and read things from other sites. True, they know a bit more about the matter and (hopefully) do a little reasearch before posting. But put 1 word out of context and the ball gets rolling....

I know some members of this forum are posters at such "newssites", and if they feel attacked, I'm sorry, but I HATE it when there is misinformation. They should know that their posts are going to be (mis)read, (mis)interpreted, copied, put out of context, etc.... so be carefull. If it takes a banner saying: "RUMOR, SPECULATION, NOT CONFIRMED" at the top and bottom of each post, then so be it. That's far better then posting things which nobody is sure of.

This war of information is getting on my nerves... What site posted what first? Who has the best info? etc... Come on... Do you realy think I care what site posted something first? I care if the information is CORRECT, not if it is known and posted before another one could post it...

Also, post the SOURCE from were you got the info from. This is as important (even more important) then the info you post itself!!! If the source is a concurrent newssite, then good, mention it. If the info turns out to be false, you can blame the source. If the info turns out to be correct, then maybe you gave readers another approach to the news so they understand better or readers who wants to know more can look for more; You loose nothing in mentioning a source. You can loose a lot of reliability (spelling :/) if you don't....

The whole thing about Messenger 6.2, ani-DP's, internal sites, leaks, etc.. etc... are gettings out of hand if you ask me, as far as I know these are all RUMORS, SPECULATION and so on. Nothing is for sure (yet). So don't jump of the roof because someone post something like "messenger isn't going to put animated DP's in 6.2". And don't blame MS for not putting it in it... MS didn't say a thing about 6.2 yet, I can't stress that enough...

Things gotten from test-sites, internal sites and stuff are great to read, but it is just that, nothing more. There is a reason why they are "test" and "internal" sites. It's to try things out... to prepare for official things... etc... everything stated on such sites CAN be true, but by all means aren't nessecairly true...

there

I realy needed to spawn this out right now....

This post was edited on 04-07-2004 at 07:18 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-06-2004 02:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc... - by CookieRevised on 04-06-2004 at 02:53 PM
RE: Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc... - by Choli on 04-06-2004 at 03:40 PM
RE: Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc... - by Chrono on 04-06-2004 at 03:59 PM
RE: Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc... - by reisyboy on 04-06-2004 at 04:30 PM
RE: Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc... - by Kryptonate on 04-06-2004 at 05:06 PM
RE: Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc... - by bra1nwash on 04-07-2004 at 01:15 AM
RE: Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc... - by DJeX on 04-07-2004 at 01:39 AM
Slashdot - by stonesour on 04-07-2004 at 01:52 AM
RE: Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc... - by .blade// on 04-07-2004 at 01:54 AM
RE: Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc... - by CookieRevised on 04-07-2004 at 08:15 AM
RE: Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc... - by Jeronimo on 04-07-2004 at 11:44 AM
RE: Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc... - by Menthix on 04-07-2004 at 06:34 PM
RE: Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc... - by Kryptonate on 04-07-2004 at 06:40 PM
RE: Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc... - by kingboy on 04-07-2004 at 07:05 PM
RE: Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc... - by CookieRevised on 04-07-2004 at 07:09 PM
RE: Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc... - by MC Inferno on 04-07-2004 at 10:02 PM
RE: Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc... - by WDZ on 04-08-2004 at 04:49 AM
RE: Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc... - by Kryptonate on 04-08-2004 at 09:33 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: