What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Virus and dodgy dialer won't budge

Virus and dodgy dialer won't budge
Author: Message:
Vazza

– / Female / –
O.P. Huh?  Virus and dodgy dialer won't budge
Hey all

I require some help. I've got a computer from one of my dad's collegues to try to get it to access the internet. The problem is that there is a :dodgy: file called dialler.dilos a few adware counters and a virus in the diskserv.exe. They're using Norton 2004 and according to the site with the dialler and diskserv virus, all I need to do is update the definations. I've done that and I still can't remove it. The reason I think it can't connect to the internet is due to this dialer.dilos trying to connect but can't due to the firewall.

Any suggestions on what I can do, because I don't really want to do a complete wipe if I can avoid. Using Windows ME (I don't know much about this as I'm still in, what could be called the dark ages with 98 SE)
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7286 days, 18 hours, 52 minutes, 45 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
07-21-2004 11:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Virus and dodgy dialer won't budge - by Vazza on 07-21-2004 at 11:20 AM
RE: Virus and dodgy dialer won't budge - by CookieRevised on 07-21-2004 at 12:47 PM
RE: Virus and dodgy dialer won't budge - by Vazza on 07-21-2004 at 12:50 PM
RE: Virus and dodgy dialer won't budge - by CookieRevised on 07-21-2004 at 12:55 PM
RE: Virus and dodgy dialer won't budge - by The Napster on 07-21-2004 at 01:00 PM
RE: Virus and dodgy dialer won't budge - by Millenium_edition on 07-21-2004 at 04:43 PM
RE: Virus and dodgy dialer won't budge - by Dane on 07-21-2004 at 04:58 PM
RE: Virus and dodgy dialer won't budge - by Vazza on 07-22-2004 at 12:31 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: