What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » patchou.com - new version - help!

How do you sincerly rate Messenger Plus! 2.00 robustness?
This poll is closed.
solid as a rock! 120 52.86%
rarely causes any interference with Messenger 65 28.63%
already crashed Messenger a few times 34 14.98%
crashes Messenger too much to use it on a day-by-day basis 8 3.52%
Total: 227 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

1 votes - 5 average   patchou.com - new version - help!
Author: Message:
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: patchou.com - new version - help!
That sounds like a good solution, but are you SURE it will handle THAT many connections?

Anyway, if it would get to much you could always temponary shutdown the Plus! forum temponary, just as long as needed for people to upgrade.... in 2 or 3 days the heaviest load will be gone i think.

Wj, what are the specs of this server right now? (CPU/memory/HD/bandwith/datalimit)... just curious.
And how many more RAM do you need / how expensive?

The Plus! site being hosted on this site will be nice, it's been prety stable last couple of months :)

BTW, Patchou, what are your plans a updating.... no auto-update at all anymore? :( It took you so much work to create it :S Whatever you do, i don't think you should get rid of it completely...
Maybe wj's server can keep auto-update alive forever? or some other offer...? Maybe sponsered hosting??? I think there will be some hosting provider intrested in sponsering auto-update... if you just give the user a single webpage after each update of Plus! with a nice advertisment for the hosting company.
All the hosting company needs todo is host auto-update on a stable machine for a low price, and they'll get 100 of thuosands views each time a user installs/updates Plus!

And if you're not continuing auto-update at all, will there be something else? I was thinking of a mailinglist... that shouldn't be that hard to handle risght?
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
01-29-2003 01:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
patchou.com - new version - help! - by Patchou on 01-28-2003 at 05:25 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: