What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Forum Needs some Changing?

Poll: What do you think about this idea about Dividing the forum some more? Giving it some more Sub-forums...
I think this idea would greatly improve the forum quality
I think this idea is good, but not help improve much
I think this idea is ok, but I don't care to much
I don't care (please don't use this too much)
I don't like the idea, I don't think it will work
I don't like the idea, it would create to much "distance"
I don't like the idea, it would mess up the entire forum and make everything worse
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Forum Needs some Changing?
Author: Message:
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. Forum Needs some Changing?
Well here we go again, I've been trying to ask about this along time ago, but now I decided to give it one more try...

I see a lot of posts complaining about this forum being bad beacuse of useless spam and junk...
Well... Why is it that people are not allowed to spam in the T&T?... Isn't that really the purpose of that Subforum? Or am I being all wrong here?... The posts are deletede each day, and the post count doesn't go up... Then why complain about people spamming there?...

Well... I'm also feeling that the forum lags of "Places/Corners", for the induvidual things being talked about... I'm especially talking about the Plugins Section (This is also mainly the place where I read/post)... I would REALLY like to see the plugins section being more divided into groups... I'm getting really pissed about the many wasted hours of reading the same questions about a plugin over and over again, and the same requests etc.... Can't we divide this into more categories(3-5)... Examples could be:
- Help (Help with plugins, errors, not working, "the n00bs" area.. etc.)
- Creation (The place where the plugin creators could talk and exchange information, and new plugin creators can learn how to do plugins and get help etc...)...
- Release (Where the plugin creators release their work and beta's, and get feedback from others, not intended to the usual "can't make it work" threads... Only for Releasing/Beta Testing, feedback etc)
- Request (Here people can request new plugins or ask if this has been created)...

Maybe Release and Request could be in one, who knows, up to the Admins of this forum to decide...
But I really think this would clean up the forum... If a "noob" signs up to the forum to ask a  quesiton about a problem with a plugin, he goes to Help section and he might notice that one of the Top posts are exactly about this particular plugin or problem...
This way we(The plugin creators) will also have a far better chance of devoting our time to the creation of our plugins and to concentrate more on what we are doing, yes I know this forum also ae about helping people, but I think there is a fair deal of helpers out there compared to how many plugin creators there are, and if the plugin creators have to spend much of their time on Helping others the time before a release will raise suffeciently...
I'm not just talking about the plugins section, but in generally I think we need to split the Forum some more... (not meaning splitting the community, but to divide the sections some more)... Right now there are around 150000 posts on this forum, divided in only 10/11 Subs!!!..
We need some more orginisation in this forum, I think this would greatly improve the quality of this forum...
Yes, there would be a problem with the "old posts".. But just leave them where they are and create the new subs now... That would at least be a start...

I hope my post is clear and gets through to someone????

I have added a poll, hopefully this will give all users a chance to vote and show what their thoughts about this is... Hopefully this would catch the attention of some Mods/Patchou... I hope I gave this poll some fair choices...

Thanks for listening everbody!.. Please give any feedbacks (As long as it sticks with the Thread, Please don't go to much offtopic)

<offtopic> :P...
Post 400... Lol!! :S..
</offtopic>

This post was edited on 05-30-2005 at 12:11 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
05-30-2005 11:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Forum Needs some Changing? - by (CyBeRDuDe) on 05-30-2005 at 11:57 AM
RE: Forum Needs some Changing? - by Anubis on 05-30-2005 at 12:04 PM
RE: Forum Needs some Changing? - by absorbation on 05-30-2005 at 12:06 PM
RE: Forum Needs some Changing? - by ~INVASION~ on 05-30-2005 at 12:06 PM
RE: Forum Needs some Changing? - by absorbation on 05-30-2005 at 12:07 PM
RE: Forum Needs some Changing? - by user27089 on 05-30-2005 at 12:10 PM
RE: Forum Needs some Changing? - by -dt- on 05-30-2005 at 12:13 PM
RE: Forum Needs some Changing? - by (CyBeRDuDe) on 05-30-2005 at 12:21 PM