What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum

2 votes - 3 average   [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum
Author: Message:
surfichris
Former Admin

RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum
quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
None of the forum staff want to acknowledge it, because the cause if it are members that they are friends with, plus some of the staff are the cause also.
I'm taking offence to that on behalf of the other members of staff here. Speaking for myself, if you misbehave and are my friend or not you'll cop the same punishment. I've had to ban several of my 'friends' numerous times and do you think it is easy on us? Do you really think we'd treat people lighter because we're friends with them?

You have to remember, we have to make decisions sometimes and if it looks like we're going light on someone then that is most certainly not the case. All of our decisions are based on our own judgement as well as what the user has been involved with before.
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
They do a great job but do have favourites unfourtunately. And they take decisions based on their favourites. For example, I was banned once because I spammed a bit. Sure that is acceptable. However I was also told that it was because I asked to be a beta tester, which I never did. It was someone who posted before me, and I took the blame. And the admins/mods don't seem to like me anymore because of this. Sure some probably don't even care, but there are some like mnjul who seem to not like me.
You were banned because you spammed. End of story. When we ban someone its not like we hold this huge grudge against them for the rest of their membership. I think you'll find that we forget about it a few days later and it's only when people bring it up that we are reminded. We're not angry at you and we don't hate you!

Now, i'm at work at the moment so i'll write a better reply later when I get home! Would rather do it now that i have this in my head:

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Staff wise: IMHO, I think there should be LOCAL mods. People (Elites) should be given the oportunity to moderate certain forums. I know there are a small number of forums, but I do think that putting local mods would reduce the spam. And I see spam all the time, like today, 4 people said the SAME thing in a thread. That should not be allowed, and I remember back in the day if you confirmed or said things that had already been stated you got trolled.
"Local" - Normal Moderators - are useless on a forum of this size because they need to be able to moderate the other forums as well. Adding new moderators isn't the solution to a spam problem either - we've discussed this too. Oh, and if you see this spam then do us a favour and report it! It will be dealt with!
quote:
More bans: I think the current system is fine, but when you see the SAME people getting banned weekly I do believe that is very dodgy. IICRC, I thought that people were going to be permanantly banned after like 5 bans? I may not be right, but I though Chris Boulton said that before. Also, I do believe that 1 day bans have got to be longer, because the people who are getting 1 day bans are just coming back doing the same crap as they did before.
3 strikes and you're out for a long time. As you'll see, toddy is now gone.
quote:
Testing & Trashing: I think there should be set guidelines on what is allowed to be posted there. The current posts and threads are 99% useless, but I know the forum is there for people to spam. But when people go in topics and just go "HI" or  post one emoticon, it gets annoying, examples are there you just have to look.
Indeed.
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
Is it really like that? The irc is run in a way for the same community. If you don't want us brining us issues on the forums about it, is it really because it annoys you?
Actually it's because we dont want to deal with IRC issues on the forum.

Feel free to post them in Forum & Website however don't expect the forum staff here to do anything because we're not in charge of IRC.
quote:
You put me in a horrible mood, ruined my day, which in turn made my school class a really hard.
Then if the computer is really affecting you that much then I suggest you have a break from it.
quote:
I'm leaving this forum, and the IRC chat channels.  Nice meeting all of you, GoodBye
Thanks for telling us the community is crap then running off!
quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
Forums are ran by a team of what I'd call excellent Administrators and Moderators, they are very fair and put up with a lot of shit big forum mods and admins normally don't.
(Y) Thanks for the support Wabz - at least one member here thinks we do a good job.

Now, I just want to finish my reply by stating (something which i've forgot). Oh, yeah, right. About the favourtism - there are several of my 'friends' around here whos posts I keep tabs on (monitor) because I know they can say some mean things before - and if I see them doing so then I won't treat them easier than others.

You look at any other community (Neowin, Mess, MSFN) and you'll see they all have problems like this - as was said in this thread, you can't have thousands of people together and expect them to each like each other and there not to be a few little arguments and things. Welcome to the world.

[edit] Just back on IRC. If its server issues or issues with #msgplus then by all means bring it here. However it isn't our job to police #banana, #apple and #mybb and any other channel on the network if there are problems with those channels. IRC Operators (opers) exist on the network to handle issues like this as well as the channel founders. The opers, who are more than willing to listen, are Trekie, wtbw, segosa, Wabz and supposidly myself. (Kisskiss if i missed anyone - apart from the other guy :x)

This post was edited on 09-16-2005 at 01:43 AM by surfichris.
09-16-2005 01:22 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Stigmata on 09-15-2005 at 07:41 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Plik on 09-15-2005 at 07:49 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Millenium_edition on 09-15-2005 at 07:51 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by _Humphreys on 09-15-2005 at 07:59 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Pr0xY on 09-15-2005 at 08:00 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Anubis on 09-15-2005 at 08:09 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by RaceProUK on 09-15-2005 at 08:52 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Plik on 09-15-2005 at 09:09 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by ShawnZ on 09-15-2005 at 09:10 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by wj on 09-15-2005 at 09:15 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Pr0xY on 09-15-2005 at 09:17 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by ShawnZ on 09-15-2005 at 09:27 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Pr0xY on 09-15-2005 at 09:33 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Sunshine on 09-15-2005 at 10:12 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Ash_ on 09-15-2005 at 10:27 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Lou on 09-15-2005 at 10:31 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by RebelSean on 09-15-2005 at 10:39 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by ddunk on 09-15-2005 at 10:46 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by emit on 09-15-2005 at 11:10 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Lou on 09-15-2005 at 11:29 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Pr0xY on 09-16-2005 at 12:17 AM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by ddunk on 09-16-2005 at 12:25 AM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Wabz on 09-16-2005 at 12:52 AM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by L. Coyote on 09-16-2005 at 01:11 AM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by ShawnZ on 09-16-2005 at 01:19 AM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by surfichris on 09-16-2005 at 01:22 AM
RE: RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by segosa on 09-16-2005 at 05:35 AM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Pipish on 09-16-2005 at 05:51 AM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by ShawnZ on 09-16-2005 at 06:16 AM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Stigmata on 09-16-2005 at 06:48 AM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by surfichris on 09-16-2005 at 06:57 AM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Chrono on 09-16-2005 at 07:09 AM
RE: RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by segosa on 09-16-2005 at 07:20 AM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by CookieRevised on 09-16-2005 at 08:11 AM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Hank on 09-16-2005 at 08:22 AM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Pyroteq on 09-16-2005 at 09:06 AM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Sunshine on 09-16-2005 at 10:33 AM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by KeyStorm on 09-16-2005 at 10:49 AM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by Lou on 09-16-2005 at 10:57 AM
RE: RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by segosa on 09-16-2005 at 11:09 AM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by ddunk on 09-16-2005 at 02:01 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by RebelSean on 09-16-2005 at 08:48 PM
RE: RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by CookieRevised on 09-17-2005 at 03:49 AM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by absorbation on 09-16-2005 at 09:02 PM
RE: RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by emit on 09-16-2005 at 09:56 PM
RE: [Self-Split] Collection Of Views Of The Current Forum - by ShawnZ on 09-16-2005 at 09:35 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: