What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Support to an Official Brazilian Translation

Support to an Official Brazilian Translation
Author: Message:
xBellox

45 / Male / –
O.P. Dodgy  Support to an Official Brazilian Translation
As a Brazilian fan of MsgPlus, I must support Heyder and his work.

I prefer to use MsgPlus in english than use Portuguese from Portugal translation. It´s simply irritating read "Ficheiro", "Palavra Passe" (incompressible), and the 'c' in "contacto", "actualizar" and others.

Please Patchou, make the translation offcial to us.  I´m sure that this act will made the MsgPlus more Popular than ever in Brazil (it´s already popular).  Brazil is one of biggers Internet Country User, just see the researchs. In Orkut, Fotolog, we are majority. The numbers of MSN users in Brazil are at least 8x greatter than MSN users in Portugal.

---------------------------------------------------------

A little comment about the closed thread:

Gonçalo Ferreira says soo many nonsenses in his post that make me sick.

quote:
two things a) the differences are in fact rare and not significant (if you know how to read the language)

Are you really a translator??? This is a kind of afirmation that none translator should say. The differences are NOT rare neither not significant.

quote:
I don’t know if this is the correct way to say this in english
Ok, now you have answered me the previous question

quote:
Well, it's known that in Brazil many words are adapted (or realy are) from the english, like that one could probably be, and I believe that way you can more easily understand what it's referring to, but there are
some reasons not to use it, namely a) there's a clear translation, so there's no reason not to translate it, b) the whole translation is supposed to be read by any kind of people, including doctors and children that only know it's mother language and c) the whole translation must be absolutely formal, direct to the point, and in absolute conformity with the grammar (I must also add that our translation is checked by a certified and experienced portuguese teacher apart from the team, so I can honestly tell you that our translation would certainly fit on any iso-certification rules )

Man, you REALLY don´t known NOTHING about Portuguese from Brazil. Many words in Brazil are in English and is in OFFICIALS dictionaries like "DICIONÁRIO HOUAISS DA LÍNGUA PORTUGUESA" and "Melhoramentos". One of those words is, peharps, "status".

So don´t try to tell us, how we should to translate our own language.

quote:
We have it as "ficheiro" and you changed it to "arquivo" (archive). Well, obviously "ficheiro" is the most correct way to translate "file".

Only in Portugal!!! All softwares translated to Brazilian portuguese use "Arquivo". Maybe you can write a email to microsoft, macromedia, sun and others to ask then to fire its translators. Again, don´t say us how we should translate!

quote:
but the reason not to use it is that "palavra passe" is more accurate to the situation, "senha" is not so catchy for first-time users and less experienced users on computres, not to mention that other portuguese software’s use "palavra passe" so we decided to keep the uniformity on this one.
Ok, so if you decided to "keep the uniformity", Why do not "keep the uniformity" for Brazilian Portuguese with an Official translation?. By the way, "palavra passe" is incompressible to Brazilians.

quote:
After talking to some brazillian friends, the only actual difference to their way of speaking by looking to our translation is just the "c"s which is, in their own words, "irrelevant".

I´m certainly not your friend, but the "c"´s aren´t relevant to understand, but is the same to say that we don´t need to translate for eg "no" because everybody understand it.

I´m sure that Gonçalo Ferreira said this absurdity because he known that there are more Brazilian MSN users than Portuguese MSN users, so his translation will become insignificant.

Heyder, keep with your good work, I´ll always donwload your translation and i´m sure that a lot of people will do the same.

ps: Sorry about my English, I´m not a translator so this text can contain some errors. (or a lot of them :)).

Heyder, nem liga para esses caras, eles não querem concorrência, eles se acham especiais. Continua com as traduções que a gente agradece :)

See Ya,
Eduardo Bello
09-26-2005 04:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by xBellox on 09-26-2005 at 04:24 PM
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by Heyder on 09-26-2005 at 07:06 PM
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by CookieRevised on 09-27-2005 at 09:32 PM
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by jvlppm on 09-27-2005 at 10:54 PM
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by xBellox on 09-28-2005 at 01:56 PM
RE: RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by Heyder on 09-28-2005 at 07:00 PM
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by CookieRevised on 09-30-2005 at 06:09 AM
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by xBellox on 09-30-2005 at 01:49 PM
RE: RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by CookieRevised on 10-01-2005 at 12:01 AM
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by Leif on 09-30-2005 at 10:48 PM
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by VuDu on 10-08-2005 at 11:51 AM
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by m@c@ub@ on 10-29-2005 at 02:46 AM
RE: RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by Heyder on 10-29-2005 at 11:47 PM
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by CookieRevised on 10-30-2005 at 01:20 AM
RE: RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by Heyder on 10-31-2005 at 02:28 AM
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by CookieRevised on 10-31-2005 at 02:45 AM
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by Heyder on 11-01-2005 at 12:03 AM
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by m@c@ub@ on 11-01-2005 at 11:07 AM
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by CookieRevised on 11-01-2005 at 04:18 PM
RE: RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by Heyder on 11-02-2005 at 05:18 PM
RE: RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - by Heyder on 11-02-2005 at 05:27 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: