What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Incorporating MSN Messenger into my website

Incorporating MSN Messenger into my website
Author: Message:
leito

Chameleon by KeyStorm

38 / Male / –
RE: Incorporating MSN Messenger into my website
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Originally posted by jbento
I want the user and and the owner of the site to be able to chat.
If you do that trough MSN then that means...
- Visitors will need to logon with their own MSN account on the site
- Visitors without a MSN account would be unable to chat
- Allot of visitors will not trust a site that asks for their MSN password
- The site owner will need "All others" on his allow list (Tools > Options... > Privacy)
- Signing in is to much hassle for most visitors

Maybe you can do a shoutbox type of thing on the site itself so people won't need to sign in or anything and still let the shoutbox backend send everything to the owner's MSN over one account.

Not necessarily, he could open three or four accounts for his visitors to use. Maybe at some point, the system would be busy with all guest accounts in use.

Yes, but use a shoutbox...  or try this (http://www.plasticshore.com/projects/chat/index.html) this is a open source "chat" (shoutbox) AJAX based.
[Image: leonelgalan.png]
03-10-2006 06:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Incorporating MSN Messenger into my website - by jbento on 03-10-2006 at 05:57 AM
RE: Incorporating MSN Messenger into my website - by matty on 03-10-2006 at 06:04 AM
RE: Incorporating MSN Messenger into my website - by jbento on 03-10-2006 at 06:22 AM
RE: Incorporating MSN Messenger into my website - by kierant on 03-10-2006 at 06:29 AM
RE: Incorporating MSN Messenger into my website - by Stigmata on 03-10-2006 at 07:21 AM
RE: Incorporating MSN Messenger into my website - by Menthix on 03-10-2006 at 08:43 AM
RE: Incorporating MSN Messenger into my website - by Sypher on 03-10-2006 at 10:41 AM
RE: Incorporating MSN Messenger into my website - by jbento on 03-10-2006 at 01:07 PM
RE: Incorporating MSN Messenger into my website - by kierant on 03-10-2006 at 05:36 PM
RE: Incorporating MSN Messenger into my website - by leito on 03-10-2006 at 06:26 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: