What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Should internet have a digital I.D..

Should internet have a digital I.D..
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Should internet have a digital I.D..
quote:
Originally posted by Scone
I Didnt realise that, i actually dont know anything about it.
Reason why I started this thread because I think some others don't know what it exactly is either and voted on the wrong basis as Paperless gave the wrong impression/explanation of what it was.

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
Dosnt that defeat the purpose of having a family computer with one physical chip containing the details when you have various family members?
The chip isn't inside the computer. The chip is inside the plastic credit card sized pass. The computer reads out the insierted card.

The digital ID pass is like your normal pass or driving license. It works exactly the same as your bank card. Your bank card too contains your name, etc and you need that too to indentify you at a bank terminal. It is a way to indentify you as owning a bank account. Without the bank card you can't access your account on a bank terminal.

The digital internet ID is exactly the same. Each individual has one (or could have one, namely the children). Having a family computer is exactly what such passes could be used for for example; Parents can do whatever they want on the net. Children have only restricted access to the net (eg: no public or adult chatrooms).

Or vice versa, when you want access to some chatrooms you need to insert your internet ID card in the slot attached to your commputer. When the chatroom has verified that you are underage (or whatever) you can access it, still anonymously!

The digital internet ID isn't a login name and password, it is a physical plastic card, like your credit card.

----------

The internet ID card will make the internet a much safer place to be (mainly for children!!!) and does not mean you can't surf the net anonymously anymore.

This post was edited on 03-29-2006 at 11:38 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-29-2006 11:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Should internet have a digital I.D.. - by CookieRevised on 03-29-2006 at 09:13 AM
RE: Should internet have a digital I.D.. - by Pyroteq on 03-29-2006 at 11:00 AM
RE: Should internet have a digital I.D.. - by Kryptonate on 03-29-2006 at 11:10 AM
RE: Should internet have a digital I.D.. - by Pyroteq on 03-29-2006 at 11:12 AM
RE: RE: Should internet have a digital I.D.. - by CookieRevised on 03-29-2006 at 11:31 AM
RE: Should internet have a digital I.D.. - by Pyroteq on 03-29-2006 at 11:39 AM
RE: RE: Should internet have a digital I.D.. - by CookieRevised on 03-29-2006 at 12:21 PM
RE: Should internet have a digital I.D.. - by Fanta on 03-29-2006 at 12:42 PM
RE: Should internet have a digital I.D.. - by .zero on 03-29-2006 at 04:25 PM
RE: Should internet have a digital I.D.. - by Plik on 03-29-2006 at 04:58 PM
RE: Should internet have a digital I.D.. - by Adeptus on 03-29-2006 at 05:11 PM
RE: RE: Should internet have a digital I.D.. - by CookieRevised on 03-29-2006 at 10:33 PM
RE: Should internet have a digital I.D.. - by Adeptus on 03-30-2006 at 04:52 PM
RE: RE: Should internet have a digital I.D.. - by CookieRevised on 03-30-2006 at 05:43 PM
RE: Should internet have a digital I.D.. - by Adeptus on 03-30-2006 at 06:54 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: