What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » [split] Ubuntu vs. WinXP

[split] Ubuntu vs. WinXP
Author: Message:
joey

Epoc Faileur.

33 / Other / Flag
RE: [split] Ubuntu vs. WinXP
quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
server vs desktop , linux has always been known for server O/S. windows for desktop.

Main thing linux needs for major boost in the markets. is good hardware support + they need major game titles for they O/S.
Once that happens there's nothing stopping anyone switchin to linux.

just because windows is more popular for the desktop, that doesn't make it better, and thats what most people get wrong. They get taught to use ONLY windows in school, you buy a pc, it comes with windows etc. i think governments should do something to tackle it. its costs school,colleges and uni's thousands to use windows on each pc, and thats even with the licsense to let you put it on more than one pc.

or, get ubuntu/linux or whatever. one CD, as many pc's as you like. No licenses no legal issues, and its safer, and just as user-friendly.

as for games - a few big games for windows are in the progress of being ported to linux, it takes time and hasn't been going long, but still at least people are trying to get unix into the mainstream.

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
05-28-2007 10:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: