What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » [split] Ubuntu vs. WinXP

[split] Ubuntu vs. WinXP
Author: Message:
joemailey

38 / Male / –
RE: [split] Ubuntu vs. WinXP
Depends what you prefer. I prefer windows. Is it better?

In my opinion yes. Did i learn to use it in school? nope. i didnt learn to use it in school.
Pcs in schools don't really cost thousands. Each PC has its own copy of windows. So you don't really need a license for windows.

Now the software you run on windows like office etc will cost. But whats stopping people from using open office?

I still prefer office 2003 or 2007.

So its down to what people prefer. I prefer windows and office on my Main home PC and my Laptop.  most linux apps now work on PC. So its just gonna be down to what comes pre installed on the PC you buy. at this moment and time dell offer both OS's.

So that will be the key efffect on the World of OS's.

Safer is main linux cry. Bit like firefox cried out over explorer we're safer.

Only M$ virus i can remember getting alot of people on windows was blaster. Alot of the viruses on windows happen because end user isn't educated.  What is stopping that happening on linux? When hackers n virus writers turn on that?

Lets face it most of the stuff is created as a challenge. like an internal competition. to see who can hack/break/cripple it first between different groups. Linux will be one hell of fresh challenge.

You no best bit about it? Linux source code. you can get your hands on the source code. :-)

Firefox is prime example of being secure. then a prime example of getting hacked once it got close to being popular :) still getting bigger and still getting hacked.
05-28-2007 11:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: