What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Weather Warnings

Weather Warnings
Author: Message:
lethalreality9

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. Weather Warnings
I'll try to explain myself as best as I can. I would like to have a script that puts a message in my personal message and changes automatically when a weather warning or watch is put into effect, and when there is no warning or watch it displays a message, for example: no watches or warnings in effect.

I live in Newfoundland, Canada, so I would only like to updates to come from the Avalon Peninsula North region of Newfoundland found on this page: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?nf28.

When a weather warning is in effect I would like the personal message to be bold and in red color and say, for example: "snowfall warning in effect as of 12:48 pm." and if that warning is updated again it would be like, for example: "snowfall warning continued as of 3:14 pm."

When there is a weather watch I would like the personal message to be bold and in a darkish yellow color and it would be like, for example: "winter storm watch in effect as of 8:09 pm" and so on.

When a weather warning or watch has ended I would like the personal message to be bold and in green color and say, for example: "rainfall warning ended as of 11:42 am." or "winter storm watch ended as of 9:02 pm."

Finally, when there is no update or no warning/watch in effect I would like the personal message to be bold and in a dark orange color and say, for example: "no watches or warnings in effect."

Please tie into the weather warnings and watched found at Environment Canada (http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/warnings_e.html). If you want you could have an option to choose which region I'd like. If not, use Avalon Peninsula North (http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?nf28) as the default.

It would be great if this script is easy to modify, so I could change perhaps the colors or make it italic instead of bold.

Also, if you don't mind, I may modify it someday and claim it my own script and publish it for download (with credit to you, of course).

Please someone help me!

Thank you so much! :)

This post was edited on 03-22-2008 at 02:08 PM by Tochjo.
12-30-2007 04:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Weather Warnings - by lethalreality9 on 12-30-2007 at 04:25 PM
RE: [Request] Weather Warnings - by Spunky on 12-30-2007 at 07:03 PM
RE: RE: [Request] Weather Warnings - by lethalreality9 on 12-30-2007 at 07:12 PM
RE: [Request] Weather Warnings - by Dane on 12-31-2007 at 03:31 AM
RE: RE: [Request] Weather Warnings - by lethalreality9 on 01-01-2008 at 08:33 PM
RE: [Please Close Thread] Weather Warnings - by lethalreality9 on 03-22-2008 at 02:03 PM
RE: [Please Close Thread] Weather Warnings - by Tochjo on 03-22-2008 at 02:08 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: