What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Brazilian translation in the program

Brazilian translation in the program
Author: Message:
Edu115

RE: RE: Brazilian translation in the program
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
If a portuguese went to the site and saw "Download agora"" or 'baixe agora!" [=download now], they would think: "Are they crazy?! These words don't exist!"
If a brazilian went to the site and saw "Trasfira agora" or "Puxe agora" [=download now], they would tink: "Why does this have with buying? ("Tranferir" in Portugal means "to download", but in Brazil mans "to pay someone with bank deposit" and "trafser (money)")

The Pt-pt translation also isn't fine for Plus! popularity here... because people look for the brazilian translation, and some of them get into fake website, downloading bad-purposed files, and telling that it was Plus!'s fault.

Continueing... also, don't include only one trasnlation pack, since the portuguese people would be "injuried" if only the brazilian translation was included. The best thing to do is to include both packs, remembering that the brazilian translation is already done, and it's perfect!
[also, that would make it easy for brazilian skin developers show that "Skins" [en-us], Máscaras [pt-pt] and Capas [pt-br] are the same thing]

So, Patchou... how about including it in a future release?

[oh...and please... not again with that story that the differecne between pt-pt and pt-br is the same as es-es and es-mx, or en-us and en-uk... the difference is huge... well... only 600~500 years of difference (pt-pt still the same since it was born, by 14xx [and something], and pt-br accepts words from almost every language... except for pt-pt)

Your knowledge of the portuguese language amazes me. Yeah, Iberian Portuguese is the same since it was born... I think Iberian Portuguese and Latin are almost identical, really. ^o) You should read some books about it.

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.nvtc.gov/lotw/months/january/Portuguese.html

There are two main groups of dialects: those of the Iberian peninsula and those of Brazil. The differences between Iberian and Brazilian Portuguese involve pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary. For historical reasons, Portuguese varieties spoken in Africa and Asia are generally closer to those of Portugal than of Brazil. The dialects of Iberian Portuguese are better studied than those of Brazilian Portuguese. Standard Portuguese of Portugal is based on Southern dialect as spoken in the Portuguese capital Lisbon.

In addition, Portuguese has given rise to Portuguese-based creoles in Africa, Asia, and the Americas.

Another thing... We, portuguese from Portugal, understand what "Baixe agora" means, what "Download agora" means ( yeah, "Download" isn't brazilian portuguese either ). In fact, we understand almost every expression you use. For sure, you also understand the expressions we use. You can argue about this, but the truth is that Iberian Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese are similar.

Another argument you use that I really don't understand is that there are a lot of brazilian users, more than portuguese users. Wouldn't that be a proof that our translation is more than enough? If people didn't understand it, they sure wouldn't use it.

Don't forget that Portuguese isn't only used in Portugal. And i'll not even mention the huge portuguese emmigrant communities in France, Canada, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, ...
Angola, Mozambique, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, São Tomé and Príncipe, East Timor are all countries whose main language ( or one of the main languages ) is Iberian Portuguese. And there's Galicia, where their language is very similar to Iberian Portuguese.

Brazilian Portuguese is used in ... Brazil.

Once again, this is something that was discussed earlier. There are some threads suggesting this. You should search first before creating a new thread.

Let me just say that I don't condemn some people wanting to create a brazilian translation for those who don't understand portuguese, or don't want to bother thinking too much about it. But that file is where it should be - here in the forum. In the future, maybe Patchou will include your file, and i'll be very happy for you. But believe me, my opinion remains.
[Image: sign.jpg]
05-04-2008 03:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Brazilian translation in the program - by Le@ndro on 05-03-2008 at 01:13 AM
RE: Brazilian translation in the program - by MeEtc on 05-03-2008 at 01:16 AM
RE: Brazilian translation in the program - by Le@ndro on 05-03-2008 at 03:43 PM
RE: Brazilian translation in the program - by Voldemort on 05-03-2008 at 04:15 PM
RE: RE: Brazilian translation in the program - by Le@ndro on 05-03-2008 at 08:28 PM
RE: Brazilian translation in the program - by Voldemort on 05-03-2008 at 10:37 PM
RE: Brazilian translation in the program - by blessedguy on 05-04-2008 at 12:27 AM
RE: RE: Brazilian translation in the program - by Edu115 on 05-04-2008 at 03:48 AM
RE: Brazilian translation in the program - by Le@ndro on 05-04-2008 at 01:37 AM
RE: Brazilian translation in the program - by blessedguy on 05-04-2008 at 01:43 AM
RE: Brazilian translation in the program - by Chrono on 05-04-2008 at 05:57 AM
RE: Brazilian translation in the program - by blessedguy on 05-04-2008 at 02:54 PM
RE: RE: Brazilian translation in the program - by CookieRevised on 05-04-2008 at 03:34 PM
RE: Brazilian translation in the program - by blessedguy on 05-04-2008 at 03:39 PM
RE: Brazilian translation in the program - by CookieRevised on 05-04-2008 at 04:01 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: