What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » An option in Chat window to open Chat Log TXT and...

An option in Chat window to open Chat Log TXT and...
Author: Message:
NiGHTsC

O.P. RE: RE: An option in Chat window to open Chat Log TXT and...
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
See Messenger Plus! Live - Registry Settings for this. To edit your Windows registry, Start>Run>type regedit and OK. Browse for HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Patchou>Messenger Plus! Live>your Windows Live ID>Preferences. In this root, set the DWORD key called ChatLogOpenWithViewer and set its value to 0.
quote:
See [request]Logfiles in 1 big dir
quote:
Originally posted by harri
I ran into the exact same problem, as I also used to have all my logs in one folder. However, there is a way around it - select "Save by date" in the logging options and add a String registry key called LogsDateDirFormat under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\<your_msn_address_here>\Preferences

...and leave it EMPTY - normally this key would contain a date format pattern by which Plus would create the folders (for a more detailed explanation go to http://www.msgpluslive.net/help/registry ), but if it's empty, then there's no pattern and hence, no folders. Voilą! :)

Awesome, finally the notepad is back! :D

Thank you (H)

This post was edited on 07-12-2010 at 12:57 AM by NiGHTsC.
05-25-2008 12:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
An option in Chat window to open Chat Log TXT and... - by NiGHTsC on 05-10-2008 at 04:25 PM
RE: An option in Chat window to open Chat Log TXT and... - by ahmetgns on 05-23-2008 at 05:08 PM
RE: RE: An option in Chat window to open Chat Log TXT and... - by NiGHTsC on 05-25-2008 at 12:50 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: