What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results

MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results
Author: Message:
Adeptus

RE: MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results
I don't work much with Access and certainly not with the graphical query designer.  I work a lot with SQL.  It sounds like the SQL query you want is:

SELECT B.ID, B.Name FROM MyTable A JOIN MyTable B on B.ID <> A.ID WHERE A.ID = something

That *sounds* like what you want, although it is somewhat odd and you are not describing it very well.

In any case, perhaps the SQL concepts shown in this example will get you started in the right direction -- you can alias table names and that is the only way you can join the same table to itself.  My Access experience is limited, but I can tell you that aliasing and joins are fully supported on SQL query level -- although I would have no idea how you go about doing this with the graphical query designer (you probably can't).
05-12-2008 04:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results - by CookieRevised on 05-11-2008 at 12:27 PM
RE: MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results - by Th3rmal on 05-11-2008 at 12:34 PM
RE: MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results - by CookieRevised on 05-11-2008 at 01:40 PM
RE: MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results - by markee on 05-11-2008 at 10:17 PM
RE: MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results - by CookieRevised on 05-11-2008 at 11:12 PM
RE: MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results - by TheSteve on 05-12-2008 at 03:02 AM
RE: MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results - by Adeptus on 05-12-2008 at 04:15 AM
RE: MS Access - How to make a query showing filtered results - by CookieRevised on 05-14-2008 at 07:01 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: