What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png?

Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png?
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png?
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
nowhere is he saying that he has been trying to rename files to .gif extension to accomplish this.
quote:
Originally posted by keenan777
BTW, .DC2 files from the custom emoticons folder are able to be changed to .gif files, so it is possible.
Some of those files are already in gif format, there is nothing to change, format wise. The only thing he could have changed is the filename.

Also, the fact that 99% of people who come with this very same problem or who say they "changed" the file do mean renaming.

And, if he realy used a converter he wouldn't have said what he said, he would have said he used a converter and not just changing/renaming the file.

quote:
There's lots of software that could be used to convert -- or "change", if you will -- a PNG graphic to GIF format.  It doesn't surprise me that most don't support animation and only leave you with the first or the last frame
It doesn't matter if the converter supports animations or not because a png is a static image.

quote:
but if the OP keeps looking, he will probably find something that preserves the animation.  My top bet would be on Adobe Fireworks.
That is completely not what he is asking for.

(And using adobe fireworks is realy not a best choice for a converter. In fact, again, what do you want to convert in the first place? The animated emoticons are _already_ gif files, there is absolutely nothing to convert to begin with.)

This post was edited on 08-27-2008 at 02:47 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-27-2008 02:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png? - by keenan777 on 08-26-2008 at 05:02 PM
RE: Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png? - by Spunky on 08-26-2008 at 07:56 PM
RE: Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png? - by keenan777 on 08-26-2008 at 10:06 PM
RE: Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png? - by CookieRevised on 08-26-2008 at 10:18 PM
RE: Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png? - by keenan777 on 08-26-2008 at 10:52 PM
RE: Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png? - by CookieRevised on 08-26-2008 at 11:02 PM
RE: Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png? - by Adeptus on 08-27-2008 at 12:15 AM
RE: Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png? - by prashker on 08-27-2008 at 12:49 AM
RE: Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png? - by Adeptus on 08-27-2008 at 01:18 AM
RE: Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png? - by CookieRevised on 08-27-2008 at 02:39 AM
RE: Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png? - by Adeptus on 08-27-2008 at 03:44 AM
RE: Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png? - by CookieRevised on 08-27-2008 at 07:45 AM
RE: Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png? - by vaccination on 08-27-2008 at 08:34 AM
RE: Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png? - by Jesus on 08-27-2008 at 10:39 AM
RE: Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png? - by keenan777 on 08-27-2008 at 08:23 PM
RE: Images saved in Chat Logs: How do I make them save as .gif files and not .png? - by CookieRevised on 08-28-2008 at 05:22 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: