What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » [Solved] Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant won't allow XBMC to access Windows shares

[Solved] Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant won't allow XBMC to access Windows shares
Author: Message:
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Solved] Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant won't allow XBMC to access Windows shares
I have an Xbox (the old one) with XBMC installed, and I use it to watch stuff I share on my Windows computer.

Before the WLM 2011 beta, everything used to be working fine. After the beta however, XBMC couldn't access my Windows shares (it requested a password, but I don't use a password).
It turned out that Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant was to blame.

If I uninstall it (via the msi in the .cache folder), XBMC can access my shared folders just fine. However, unlike in WLM9 where the assistant was not a vital component, uninstalling the assistant in WLM2011 will totally break it (missing dll; but it won't work even if you replace the DLL, since the assistant installs a service that WLM relies on it (you can't sign in if that service is stopped)).

So, it looks like it's either WLM or XBMC...

Anyone got any suggestions?
I'll try installing the older version of the assistant tomorrow (which I didn't have any problems with it), alongside with WLM2011, but I highly doubt that it will work... :(

EDIT: Got in touch with the developers, and they applied a Samba patch which fixed the problem :)

This post was edited on 08-15-2010 at 11:52 PM by Mike.
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
08-15-2010 02:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[Solved] Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant won't allow XBMC to access Windows shares - by Mike on 08-15-2010 at 02:18 AM
RE: [Solved] Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant won't allow XBMC to access Windows shares - by redbluequad on 10-25-2010 at 05:15 AM
RE: [Solved] Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant won't allow XBMC to access Windows shares - by Mike on 10-25-2010 at 02:19 PM
RE: [Solved] Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant won't allow XBMC to access Windows shares - by redbluequad on 10-28-2010 at 02:47 AM
RE: [Solved] Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant won't allow XBMC to access Windows shares - by Mike on 10-28-2010 at 11:26 PM
RE: [Solved] Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant won't allow XBMC to access Windows shares - by vahnx on 12-30-2010 at 07:29 PM
RE: [Solved] Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant won't allow XBMC to access Windows shares - by Mike on 12-30-2010 at 08:25 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: