What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » if = true and also executing else

if = true and also executing else
Author: Message:
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: if = true and also executing else
quote:
Originally posted by dfnkt
What about the ability of scripts to add a button on the WLM contacts list or the ability of them to add another menu item on the messenger plus menu that could kick this thing off?
Scripts can only add menu items to the Plus! Scripts menu using OnGetScriptMenu or with the <ScriptMenu> block in your ScriptInfo.xml. With more advanced coding, you might be able to add a menu item to the right-click menu of the task bar button or system tray icon, but that's about as far as you can go.

Adding a button to the Messenger user interface itself is considered nearly impossible as it requires mad skills with memory hacks and UIB files - something which you can't do in a scripting environment. Even if they could technically allow Plus! scripts to add buttons to the Messenger UI, they wouldn't do it because it could easily be abused by malicious scripts and make Messenger look (even more) bloated. The scripts menu is there to centralize all scripts functionality in one place, making it easier for both users and developers to work with.

You could however assign a system-wide hotkey to fire a script's function using the Windows API. I made a class for this sometime ago, you can find it in Countdown Live (GlobalHotkey.js) or Screenshot Sender 5 (Classes\_global_hotkey.js). Just copy that script file over to your script and use the class' methods wherever you need them. I see that there's little documentation about it, so if you're planning to use that class but you don't know how, just PM me and I'll help you out. ;)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
09-11-2010 09:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
if = true and also executing else - by dfnkt on 09-10-2010 at 08:47 PM
RE: if = true and also executing else - by CookieRevised on 09-10-2010 at 10:47 PM
RE: if = true and also executing else - by dfnkt on 09-11-2010 at 04:04 AM
RE: if = true and also executing else - by Matti on 09-11-2010 at 09:19 AM
RE: RE: if = true and also executing else - by dfnkt on 09-11-2010 at 01:48 PM
RE: if = true and also executing else - by Eljay on 09-11-2010 at 02:04 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: