What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas

UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas
Author: Message:
shawty

O.P. RE: RE: [OT] UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

That said, I'm intrigued by what you're trying to achieve. Can you give us more information on what you want to do on your Windows phone?

Evidently (not 100% sure as I can't read the files), the entire Windows Phone 7 shell is written out in UIX files, which appear to be fully customizable XML files that control the UI elements, scripts, etc. My goal is to be able to decode these files and be able to edit them, which would theoretically allow to me change most of the UI, and do some customization that was previously not possible (eg adding wallpaper, changing menus, etc). I was able to do this on my previous WM6.5 phone, but now the files are encoded, and I'm stuck. The notifications file, specifically, I want to be able to change, as the current notification system is near useless. However, if UIB decoding becomes possible, the possibilities are almost endless ;)

Here's some small details on the UIX format, though:
http://www.istartedsomething.com/20071116/microso...ix-framework-zune/

I understand the property thing, of course. I have yet to try to contact the other two guys, but I'll see about it later today. Thanks for the info, again ;)

Edit: just saw your new link, CookieRevised, certainly a help! I'll play around with it after my classes are over.

This post was edited on 03-11-2011 at 10:22 AM by shawty.
03-11-2011 10:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by shawty on 03-11-2011 at 12:15 AM
RE: [OT] UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by CookieRevised on 03-11-2011 at 12:51 AM
RE: RE: [OT] UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by shawty on 03-11-2011 at 01:01 AM
RE: [OT] UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by CookieRevised on 03-11-2011 at 01:13 AM
RE: [OT] UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by Patchou on 03-11-2011 at 07:30 AM
RE: RE: [OT] UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by shawty on 03-11-2011 at 10:11 AM
RE: UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by ipab on 03-11-2011 at 07:13 PM
RE: UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by MeEtc on 03-11-2011 at 10:22 PM
RE: RE: UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by shawty on 03-11-2011 at 11:41 PM
RE: UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by TheSteve on 03-12-2011 at 03:16 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: