What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [released] XTC koffieshop (i.e. Dutch-participle helper)

[released] XTC koffieshop (i.e. Dutch-participle helper)
Author: Message:
SmokingCookie

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. [released] XTC koffieshop (i.e. Dutch-participle helper)
First of all: no, this ain't about XTC, coffee shops or or anything drugs-related :P I almost hear you thinking: well, what is it then? Well, let me give you some background: a friend of mine once asked me whether some Dutch participle was supposed to end on a T or on a D. So I made him a little script to figure that out. Not that it's very useful, but I thought: hey, let's release it anyway :P

So.. What? (a.k.a. "Features")

This script comes with two common method of access: a script menu and a command. If you use the script menu, a window in which you can type a (Dutch) verb, will pop up. If you use the command, you can either let the window pop up, or type the verb directly:

code:
/XTC <[verb]>

Note the [square brackets!] These are mandatory; if you don't use them, your input will be ignored and the window will pop up. If you supply no parameter (i.e. just type "/XTC"), the the window will pop up.

You can use this command remotely too:

code:
!XTC [verb]

However, you must supply exactly one parameter; if you don't the script will send you a message, providing you with the correct syntax.

What a NAME!

I know :P That's because of the trick used in this thing: if a verb ends on a consonant in the words "XTC koffieshop," you write the participle with a T; otherwise, you write it with a D.

Cool! (a.k.a. Download)

See attachment (if I don't forget (A) )

Ah crap! (a.k.a. Known issues)

None yet; if you find some, please post them here.

.plsc File Attachment: XTC koffieshop.plsc (8.28 KB)
This file has been downloaded 130 time(s).

This post was edited on 05-01-2011 at 04:33 PM by SmokingCookie.
05-01-2011 01:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[released] XTC koffieshop (i.e. Dutch-participle helper) - by SmokingCookie on 05-01-2011 at 01:41 PM
RE: [released] XTC koffieshop (i.e. Dutch-participle helper) - by foaly on 05-01-2011 at 04:50 PM
RE: [released] XTC koffieshop (i.e. Dutch-participle helper) - by SmokingCookie on 05-01-2011 at 05:42 PM
RE: [released] XTC koffieshop (i.e. Dutch-participle helper) - by CookieRevised on 05-02-2011 at 11:27 AM
RE: [released] XTC koffieshop (i.e. Dutch-participle helper) - by SmokingCookie on 05-02-2011 at 01:12 PM
RE: [released] XTC koffieshop (i.e. Dutch-participle helper) - by foaly on 05-02-2011 at 01:49 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: