What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Fix for computer freeze - PLEASE READ

Fix for computer freeze - PLEASE READ
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Fix for computer freeze - PLEASE READ
Hello,

first I have to apologize to everyone... a very bad bug was introduced in Messenger Plus! 2.10.0034 released two days ago and this caused problems to a lot of you. If you know anyone who installed 2.10.0034, please tell them to downgrade to 2.10.0032 (you can download it at www.msgplus.net, the file on my server has been replaced).

Now I need your assistance. As I can't reproduce the problem, I can't say it's fixed before you say so. This message is for everyone who's computer froze after installing Plus! 2.10.34. I really need your help asap as an official patch MUST be brought to public no later than today (monday).

I've compiled two new versions, here are your instructions, it will only take a couple of minutes to do everything:

Test 1
  • Download test version 2.10.341 at http://pages.infinit.net/patchou8/MP20341.zip
  • Install the new version
  • Launch Messenger and check if it works as it's supposed to or if it freezes like before
  • Double check in the about box if this is really version 2.10.341 that is running

Test 2
  • Download test version 2.10.342 at http://pages.infinit.net/patchou8/MP20342.zip
  • Install the new version
  • Launch Messenger and check if it works as it's supposed to or if it freezes like before
  • Double check in the about box if this is really version 2.10.342 that is running

Then, post your results as reply to this thread (don't forget to confirm that you were experiencing freeze problems with the old version). If your computer still freezes after trying both versions, here is what you can do that will help me solve the problem asap: compress the file "C:\MessengerPlus Dump.txt" in a zip file and attach it to your post.

I'll wait for your news... with some luck, some of you will reply before I go to sleep. Again, sorry about this, be sure that I'm doing my best to correct my mistakes.

Patchou

This post was edited on 05-05-2003 at 12:50 PM by WDZ.
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-05-2003 07:23 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Fix for computer freeze - PLEASE READ - by Patchou on 05-05-2003 at 07:23 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: